Lead Press Operator - Days
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Hanover, NH
Sheridan's roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793, but that doesn't make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you'll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard. The content we produce and the technology solutions we provide reach all corners of the world. At our core, we are more than just printers of world-class publications, we are a family of innovators and doers who are a part of something far greater than ourselves.
- Review job information and process relevant information.
- Initiate set-up of make-ready I (MRI).
- Enter necessary information into press production monitor.
- Check for complete job information.
- Pre-set ink fountains.
- Initiate make-ready II (MRII).
- Obtain a good color match to contract proof.
- Monitor/adjust dryer temperatures.
- Maintain proper web tensions.
- Adhere to prescribed productivity and quality standards.
- Utilize densitometer to achieve and maintain proper print conditions.
- Provide effective crew supervision.
- Perform folder adjustments and folder change overs.
- Initiate save decision. Continue color monitoring.
- Initiate defective material data form.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Requires 4 years of total printing experience, 3 years of which are related to the position or equipment.
- Proven mechanical ability required.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills required.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Continuous standing required.
- Frequent walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Pass company color perception test.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is 2 days on / 2 days off, 7 AM to 7 PM - 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Day shift pays an extra differential!
- Eligible for a $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 603-653-7314 or .