Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife's Global Information Technology Organization (GITO) is growing and requires a Senior SAN Architect/Engineer to lead, innovate and build upon the large storage infrastructure portfolio. The successful candidate will effectively contribute to a diverse team of IT professionals to plan, direct, and coordinate the allocation, maintenance, design, installation, and connectivity of a large DellEMC based storage infrastructure. As a senior team member, they will lead efforts to drive efficiency, standards, and automation into the environment while utilizing innovative methods to enable robust services and ensure stable operations of the Global IT storage infrastructure.
- The primary focus of this role is architectural design, deploy and support of storage technologies such as EMC PowerMax, VMAX, XtremeIO, VBlock, Unisphere, CloudIQ along with Brocade and CISCO enterprise class directors.
- The secondary focus is on EMC network attached technologies such as Isilon, ECS and InsightIQ.
- Knowledge of non-EMC technologies used in the environment; Veritas, Aptare, IntelliMagic and Virtual Instruments.
- Perl/Python scripting to assist in automation of repeat tasks.
- Leverage extensive technical knowledge within multiple areas (technical, business, applications, etc.) to establish and maintain global storage infrastructure management standards.
- Leads and participates in incident analysis and provides root cause updates to management.
- Leads the analysis and resolution of reoccurring incidents, implements and provides proactive monitoring/analysis to help prevent problems before they occur.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8+ years of progressive work experience in enterprise storage.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills. Ability to collaborate effectively and transparently working as part of a team.
- Proven experience in maintaining and managing enterprise storage systems.
- Strong consulting skills with an ability to work closely with stakeholders to go beyond "what" they require and focus on "why" such that expectations are met.
- Experience with planning and executing multi-site or global storage infrastructure re-platforming and migration projects.
- Ability to influence at all levels without formal authority.
- Proven experience managing multi-site storage infrastructure globally.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and relevant certifications or comparable work experience.
- Experience working in matrixed environment.
- Spanish language skills.
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 127037