Brenton, based in Alexandria, MN engineers and manufactures case packing equipment, shrink-wrapping machines, robotic packaging systems and material handling equipment for the food, personal care, and household products industries. Brenton offers innovative custom palletized packaging systems and is considered a leader in servo technology applications in the packaging industry. Brenton is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on Pro Mach's brands visit .
- Responsible for the mechanical or electrical assembly of Brenton products under the direct supervision of electrical leads and/or supervisors.
- Read and interpret shop assembly drawings
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge needed to fabricate and install conduit, wire harnesses, electrical panels, etc.
- Assist in the test and final adjustments of machines.
- Take a Support role in the World Class Checkout Process.
- Follow and adhere to all Brenton Quality and Assembly standards.
- Follow all safety standards.
- Assist customer personnel in the installation, start-up and training of Brenton machines and systems.
- Provide technical service support to customers when their machines are not performing as required.
- Instruct customer personnel in the safe and efficient operation of Brenton machines and systems.
- Provide customers with spare parts recommendations so that they stock an adequate inventory to keep machines running properly.
- Provide Engineering Department with accurate updates on all changes made to machines in the field.
- Be technically competent, Mechanically and Electrically, with the ability to learn and understand PLC and servo programs.
- Any other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- 2-year technical college degree preferred but not required.
- 2 - 4 years of Assembly experience preferred.
- Excellent Mechanical / Electrical capability or capacity to achieve.
- PLC / Servo experience.
- Solid mechanical problem-solving skills.
- Potential to be a motivator / leader.
- Professional communication, attitude and image.
- Educator - good verbal and written presentation, organized, good planner, good interpersonal skills.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment. You also enjoy a family first environment where collaboration is essential while individual contributions are acknowledged and recognized.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- Blueprint Reading
- Technically Inclined
- Manufacturing Skills
- Forklift Operation
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group