Medical Director opening in Wallingford, Connecticut. If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
The ProHealth Physicians Lab Director is responsible for the overall operation and administration of ProHealth Physicians Laboratory, including the employment of competent lab personnel. The Director, in consultation with senior management, will plan, develop, implement and evaluate the laboratory s operations and performance. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure testing systems are developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality services for all aspects of test performance, which includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phase of testing. Also provides leadership and oversight for phlebotomy and courier services
- Ensure the physical plant and environmental conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe work environment
- Ensure that the testing methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality results required for patient care; meet accuracy standards; and lab personnel are using test methods for accurate and reliable results
- Ensure that the laboratory is enrolled in an HHS approved proficiency testing program for the testing performed and that the proficiency testing and lab personnel requirements are performed according to state and federal guidelines.
- Maintain quality control and quality assurance programs
- Evaluate opportunities for increased testing modalities to support the medical group
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of acceptable levels of analytical performance for each test system
- Lead the creation and maintenance of appropriate channels of communication with internal constituents to ensure a timely response to new clinical service trends and program planning.
- Provide leadership for the management of human resources - hiring, on-boarding, coaching, mentoring and evaluating staff
- Strategic and capital planning and acquisition to ensure ProHealth s lab remains in the forefront of technology
- All other duties as assigned.
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Certified Medical Technologist
- 7+ years of experience overseeing pathology and laboratory services
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers with Optum
- Undergraduate degree (BS in Chemistry or Microbiology)
- Excellent achievement drive: sets ambitious goals for self and team; motivates others to achieve through own example
- Customer focus: understands the customer and makes customer centric decisions; builds productive and collaborative customer relationships; adapts readily to changing customer needs; builds and maintains customer centric mindset in Lab team
- Develop others: ability to coach and mentor; sets goals and track progress; ability to assess talent to attract and retain
- Execute on plans and goals; communicate goals to enable understanding and link between employee work and overall purpose of goals; develop detailed plans to achieve goals; ensure right expertise is in place to achieve goals; track progress to goals, provide feedback and make course corrections as required
- Decision making ability: Assess the nature of the decision to be made and identify best decision strategy given problem to be solved; evaluates decisions by monitoring outcomes; debriefs for lessons learned
- Fostering Innovation: is adaptive, creative and innovative in planning an in approaches to new challenges; builds and maintains a safe environment to challenge the status quo; fosters and innovative culture, welcoming new ideas and taking risks
. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.