The mission of a Junior Developer II is to continue to learn the codebase of the Buddy stack, knock out development tasks, contribute to documentation, and participate in code reviews with the team. As experience grows, they will take more ownership of broader feature sets and components of an application. Description
The Buddy Junior Developer II will have the opportunity to work on web- and server-based projects using some of the latest technologies available.
Your day-to-day will be focussed around learning, and building confidence and expertise around your technical skill sets. You will be assigned a mentor who will help facilitate your growth, and pair programming will take place often, especially during onboarding. Expected Outcomes
- Self-sufficient in at least one large area of the codebase (Site, API, Admin tools, etc...) with a mid-level understanding of other components and how they work together
- Learning when to ask for help in order to get themselves unblocked
- Writes correct and clean code with guidance; consistently follows stated best practices
- Participates in technical design of features with guidance
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Knocking out updates and features/optimizations in the code base including testing.
- Contributing to documentation
- Participating in formal and informal code reviews
Buddy is a universal insurance engine that easily connects and transacts insurance for platform software companies using a single, simple gateway connection. Our team is made up of marketers, tech geeks, career-switchers, and insurance experts who all love a little adventure. We work hard and challenge norms through cross-skill communication, customer feedback and testing, and we love to whiteboard the edge cases. We believe in community and are active in multiple community projects. We set high expectations of ourselves, and we support one another to make sure every team member reaches their full potential.
A Little About the Buddy Stack
- ES6 (async/await, .map, etc..) we use it
- The latest stable-build of NodeJS
- Combination of Server + Serverless architecture
- Combination of SQL and NoSQL for DB
- React 16+ on the frontend
- Tailwind CSS
Take Your Shot
Although we list out the general requirements, you may have skills and talents that we havent even thought of!
Studies show that many under-represented groups only apply for jobs when they feel that they meet 100% of the job requirements. At Buddy, we want you to take your shot and apply, because you miss every shot that you dont take.
Still dont think this is the job for you, but continue to be interested in Buddy? Apply to one of our general Team listings makes the most sense for you!