Full Stack Engineer (Java 8)
6m Contract to Hire
Brooksource is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Fortune 500 Financial Services client. In this role, the Software Engineer will assist in building a new Payments Platform called the Enterprise Payments Network (EPN) using the latest technologies on AWS. This is a new project and there's a lot of new capabilities to add. Tech stack and dev tools are Java 8 (Legacy), Struts as well as Java 11 and Kafka.
The EPN program has several agile-scrum teams that operate together as a part of a program organized using the Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe). On your scrum team there will be engineers holding roles as scrum master, devops, QA, and leads. We have a testing group outside the teams as well that help us coordinate and test the larger platform and integrating teams. There are also designers, architects, and program managers working outside the team to help build the runway of work coming to your team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a robust understanding of the EPN and the up/downstream systems interacting with the platform.
- Your day-to-day work/ideas/innovations/perspectives should regularly have benefits across many devs/solutions or the program.
- Utilizes working relationships across teams within their division.
- Builds, enhances, and supports those digital products alongside a scrum team, pairing as appropriate.
- Understands QA best practices and can comfortably flex into QA tester roles as needed for the team
- Work within a scrum team on new feature development or bug resolution.
- Regularly pulls code evaluation work from the backlog providing mentoring across the team to newer developers.
- Regularly work with Architect, Product Manager, Design leads to help design new system-wide capabilities and help ensure your team builds towards your solutions
- Participate in onsite/remote enabled learning on relevant technical and soft skills
- Opportunity to pair with devs, architects, and product team members on your team and outside to help with QA work, dev work, future of the platform...
- Rotate in/out of ~4 scrum teams to learn other areas of the platform
- Mentor new devs and interns
- Take stretch design assignments for new capabilities
- Personal development projects and 4-5 years of professional experience, 2-4 of which is with relevant engineering tools
- Java 8 (Legacy)
- WebSphere Application Server
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mindset and continuous learning
- Experience developing solutions using agile methods
- Able to dissect problems, design solutions, break them down so yourself and a team can build them out
- Ability to perform peer reviews on code and design
What's in it for you?
- Get your foot in the door with one of the most respected and fastest growing companies in the United States!
- Brooksource offers competitive Health & Dental Benefit plans, Weekly Pay Checks while on contract, 6 paid Holidays, and 401K Eligibility.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.