ABOUT POET Biofuels POET is a global leader in the energy and agricultural space. We started as a supplier of fuel ethanol, and have grown into a multi-commodity marketing and transportation company providing solutions in fuels, grains, and carbon dioxide markets. We are part of a network of engineering, management, marketing, and manufacturing companies that are dedicated to being good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. As the largest supplier of bioethanol in the world, we believe in the value and benefits of driving a renewable solution to global energy needs, and focus on creating a more sustainable path forward in all our related industries.
We are the initial point of contact for all IT related issues at POET Biofuels, its our job to meet our customers needs by resolving issues as quickly and efficiently.
As aSupport Specialist, you will have the chance to work directly with our internal and external customers on a variety of issues and projects. Daily tasks include answering phone calls, responding to emails, documenting issues and processes, and completing tickets in a timely manner. There is also an after hour call rotation which is responsible for addressing any after hour issues. Sound intimidating? Dont worry. If you are a problem solver, detail oriented, a good team player, effective communicator and are looking for an opportunity with a strong, growing company in an exciting industry, we can provide you with a challenging environment to put your skills to the test.
A TYPICAL DAY (if there is one)
- Serve as the initial contact for the internal and external customers for ITrelated issues, including a rotating after hour on-call schedule.
- Address as many support requests as possible and forward secondary level requests on to the appropriate technicians in a timely fashion.
- Ability to handle concurrent support issues and quickly prioritize them based on their criticality and communicate effectively with the affected users if a conflict arises.
- Monitor outstanding help desk tickets to ensure issues are resolved and/or the originators have appropriate updates on the status.
- Identify ongoing challenges that may not rise to the level of being an issue, but collectively represent an opportunity to add value to the system and communicate them with the development team.
- Provide user level testing for the development teams.
- Assemble any user documentation and/or training material for new software releases.
This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and may change as business needs dictate.
THIS JOB MAY BE FOR YOU IF.
- You have previous help desk experience in an IT environment.
- You have attained or are working towards an Associates or Bachelors degree in computer science or 2-3 years experience in an IT related field.
- You have basic knowledge of Microsofts Office Suite and/or SQL Server Management Studio.
- You communicate effectively and take note of the details. You write well and speak articulately.
- You are comfortable communicating in writing and over the phone.
- You can work independently and contribute ideas to improve processes and systems.
- You like helping people. Youre patient and level-headed. You really enjoy exceeding someone elses expectations.
- You are a learner, not afraid of taking on new things and challenging yourself. You are not afraid to ask questions, as youre always looking to improve and help others.
- Culture is king at POET. We are all on the same team. We always communicate. We park our egos at the door. These arent just slogans on our walls. Its part of who we are.
- We have an open work environment, with no offices. We are all in this together and we work close together.
- We work hard. We play hard. We have frequent team events, from bowling to BBQs to charity activities.
- We also expect that everyone will maintain a healthy work-life balance. Its the best way to optimize health, happiness and productivity over the long term.
- There is not a lot of physical labor, most of your time in the office will be at a desk. Your longest walk will typically be to a meeting or to the break room to help yourself to one of the gourmet coffeexpresso selections or a piece of fresh fruit.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Apply Online ()
Email this position to a friend
Not ready to apply yet?
Join POET's Talent Network to stay connected and receive updates on the latest careers! ()
Job ID 2
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Category Information Technology
Travel Required Up to 25%
FLSA Status Exempt