The successful candidate may work remotely if not located near the NYC or College Park, Maryland office.
BlueVoyant is seeking an experienced multi-cloud Infrastructure Engineer to play a central role in the design, implementation and delivery of key components of our infrastructure across AWS, Azure, and GCP. This position requires close coordination with team leads, product management, and engineers across multiple domains to understand technical requirements and ensure designs meet long term business needs as we deliver internet-scale intelligence and managed security products.
Qualifications for Infrastructure Engineer:
- Solid understanding of the Linux operating system, command line utilities and conventional system administration tools. Experience with recent Ubuntu and RHEL/Centos releases would be ideal.
- Strong hands-on scripting skills, with expertise in multiple languages such as Python, Bash and Ruby
- Exposure to configuration management tools such as Ansible and Chef
- Experience with the Agile development process, secure infrastructure designs and deployment principles, infrastructure as code, continuous integration and delivery, configuration management techniques and modern, container-delivered code deployment in a cloud-based DevOps environment
- Experience with the AWS CLI and API's as well as AWS components such as EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, CloudWatch and IAM
- Experience with typical public cloud service such as compute, storage, networking and security groups, virtual private clouds and identity management is required. We expect the candidate to have practical experience with these services over AWS, Azure and GCP
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code frameworks such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Although not strictly required, experience with Atlantis is highly desirable.
- Experience using container-based deployment technologies and frameworks (Docker, Mesos, Nomad, Kubernetes, etc.)
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or relevant field experience
- Some background in deploying and supporting structured and large-scale database environments, such as the Hadoop ecosystem, Elastic Search, and Postgres/MySQL
What you will do as an Infrastructure Engineer:
- Lead specific infrastructure projects related to your core expertise, from initial design to final deployment and maintenance
- Respond to alerts, troubleshoot and remediate issues
- Continually eliminate manual tasks via configuration management tools
- Coordinate with technology leads across the organization on developing, testing and implementing global standards and procedures with respect to:
- Standard OS builds
- Development environment
- Application packaging, configuration and deployment
- Automated system provisioning
- Configuration management of relevant system services
- Deployment of OS, services and application software updates
- Performing vendor coordination related to the onboarding, support and maintenance of commercial services and tools
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization
- Deliver features and fixes on tight schedules and under pressure
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Create systems that are maintainable, documented, flexible and scalable
- Define and follow a disciplined development and engineering workflow
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed
- Be a subject matter expert in one or more of the technologies employed
- Relentlessly push for successful customer outcomes
General responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with keys players involved in the delivery of specific projects
- Participating in all stages of an agile software development life-cycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support
- Refining our software development methodology based on agile/lean practices with continuous feedback and well-defined metrics to drive improvement
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Ensuring technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence
- Identifying competitive offerings and opportunities for innovation including assessments of risk/reward to the company.
At BlueVoyant, we recognize that effective cyber security requires active prevention and defense across both your organization and supply chain. Our proprietary data, analytics and technology, coupled with deep expertise, works as a force multiplier to secure your full ecosystem. Accuracy! Actionability! Timeliness! Scalability!
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant's highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, Budapest and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.