World Class Defence Organisation is currently looking to recruit a number of Information Systems Solution Engineers, Information Systems Solution Integration Engineers and Information Systems Solution Architects subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract. The company has sites in Stevenage, Bristol and Bolton. The roles will likely be 80% home based.
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing.
Hourly Rate: £70.00ph (Umbrella)
Information Systems Solution Engineer (Engineering)Job Description:
Information Management (IM), defines implements and adapts MBDA's Information Technology (IT) infrastructure and Information Systems (IS) strategy to the needs of the business and users.
Within Information Management the Information Systems teams have responsibilities for supporting and deploying business applications, with IS Engineering supporting a key pillar of our business.
The IS Engineering Solutions teamwork as part of IS to support MBDA programmes and transformation activities.
Responsibilities across the various roles include:
The dedicated development team will be delivering a new project, an End-to-End Lab environment utilising Cloud technologies. The aim is to have a dynamically sized, easily duplicated environment with a copy of our production engineering toolset with representative data. This will meet key business needs: repeatable demonstrations; training environments; and trials of new processes and tools. The Information Systems Solution Engineer will be the project engineer and deployment specialist for this new dedicated development environment.
Responsible for the technical quality and compliance of all deployment, installation, maintenance and integration activities carried out by IS Engineering resources or suppliers.
Responsible for specification of all servers, storage, databases, middleware and related needs for the UK instances working with the international Technical and Solution Architects.
Working with the Delivery Manager or Project Manager and Release and Change Analyst be responsible for
- Technical compliance with Technical Quality and Results through the project lifecycle in the UK providing a technical appraisal of progress
- Delivery of relevant Proof of Concepts
- Technical acceptance for the UK instances of the international tools when delivered by suppliers.
- Gathering and disseminating technical lessons learned at Natco level.
- Provide subject matter expertise at all stages for the application layer working closely with the Solution Architects in the UK
- Technical "hands on proximity" engineering activities where required to assist the UK nationally deployed services as part of the IS Engineering Delivery team for the UK
- Assist with the development and validation of requirements
- Build an understanding of the interaction between tools and business processes
- Kick-off the scoping phase of solutions
- Monitor solutions against the needs of internal stakeholders
- Understand the impact of proposed changes for business teams and processes
- Ensure the solutions as deployed meet the organisational needs
- Assist in the creation of a feasible project
- Provide subject matter expertise for risks, issues and opportunities
Skillset/experience (any of the below would be great):
- Infrastructure and operating standards such as SQL, DB2, Active Directory, Virtual Machines, WebSphere, Active Directory, Licensing, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Windows
- Installing server-based applications
- Deploying services within Azure
- The lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology, with a view on utilising automation
- UNIX and containerisation
- Developing requirements and scoping systems and services
- Mapping Business or Engineering processes to applications
- The lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology, with a view on new and emerging digital opportunities which would be transformative
- Experience in the integration of disparate and distributed solutions in a defence environment
- Systems Engineering processes/lifecycle and of the lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology
- Experience is required in installation and configuration of packages in a virtual machine server and desktop "high security" environment.
- Strong technical capability and the ability to analyse and define technical solutions.
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills
- The current major Engineering Solutions that cover the mechanical/electrical engineering, product definition and configuration, logistics support and technical publications is:
- PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) built on PTC Windchill plus the connected tools including Creo, Zuken, Creo Illustrate
- MatriX Space for collaboration also built on Windchill
- NTIP for LSA and Technical Publications built on MPMLink within Windchilll connected with Arbortext publishing engine
- MatriX Portal built with PTC ThingworX