This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the posting date. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
Sandia demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually.
Any concerns about the ability to meet this requirement should be directed to HR Solutions at .
$99,700 - $196,100
Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidates experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential.
What Your Job Will Be Like:
We are seeking an Information/Cyber Assurance Architect to join our dynamic team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Lead a team of Information System Security Officers (ISSOs) in the delivery of information assurance services to enable mission success.
- Maintain system accreditations and overall information assurance program for a combination of locally-managed and sponsoring agency-managed enterprise systems and standalone systems/LANs.
- Provide recommendations to internal and external senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with external entities including the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community agencies to securely enable new and emerging programs and maintain existing programs.
- Develop and manage integrated solution roadmaps.
- Identify architectural risk and propose alternatives.
Qualifications We Require:
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field, plus five (5) years' related experience;
- or Masters degree in the above-mentioned fields plus two (2) or more years' related experience
- Experience working in a US Government or government contractor cyber security program
- Ability to apply and develop cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework
- Practical experience with the Risk Management Framework
- Hands-on experience in interpreting and implementing NIST 800-53 controls
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE Q, DOE SCI Clearance, other Government Agency Security Clearances and/or Special Access Program clearances, and required polygraph testing
Qualifications We Desire:
- Hands-on experience in obtaining and maintaining information system accreditations under NIST 800-53 or JSIG
- Experience with continuous monitoring tools (i.e. Splunk, Nessus, Security Center)
- Experience with operating systems to include Windows and Linux
- Experience with networking
- Technical and/or project leadership experience
- Active Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) security certification
- Experience with Sandia's cyber security requirements, developing and managing security plans
- Active SCI clearance
About Our Team:
The FIE Cyber Special Programs Department supports the Field Intelligence Element mission by delivering capabilities around information system hardening/accreditation, vulnerability assessment, risk management and forensics with a particular focus on mitigating cyber threats. The Cyber Security staff, consisting of Information Systems Security Managers (ISSMs), Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs), Alternate ISSOs (AISSOs), and Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSEs), provide effective technical solutions for DOE, DOD and the Intelligence Community.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nations premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Job ID: 683873