Are you passionate about securing businesses' data and mitigating risks within a changing IT Security landscape? Do you want to do this on a global scale, as part of one of the largest financial services businesses in Scotland? If so, Be-IT is partnered with a large pensions & investments provider who has got an amazing opportunity for you.
Some of the daily tasks you would be involved in as Information Security Manager include:
- Providing technical support and guidance to project teams and other business areas in relation to Information Security.
- Validating solutions against approved security architecture.
- Understand and support the mapping of the Security Strategy & Architecture Roadmap & Standards, whilst supporting the Information Security strategy.
- Create and amend security policies, ensuring they are fit for purpose and maintained in line with best practices and global security strategy.
This client has got multiple vacancies at the minute, most of which require no direct line management, only mentorship. If you're currently a consultant or Senior Analyst, this could be a good fit.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Financial Services regulatory/compliance requirements in information security and data protection. Financial services experience is not essential, so long as you're aware of InfoSec best practice (ideally certified with CISSP/CISM/GDPR/Cisco/ComptiaA+ or studying).
- Risk assessment/risk management skills.
- Security, including information security management, physical security, application security, network security and security incident management. A mix of any 2/3 of these will work.
- Good stakeholder management skills, sometimes non-technical.
- Understanding of how to apply Information Security best practice to large-scale enterprise environments.
- Experience of mentoring or managing an Information Security team or part of a team.
Interested? In return, this company will pay a competitive salary of £60-70k DOE, plus bonus, and a competitive holiday/benefits allowance. You'd be required to work from Edinburgh a minimum of 2 days per week.
Please apply or contact Euan at Be-IT on for more information.