Human Resources Manager
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Versailles, KY
At Sheridan, we have deep roots in the book, journal, magazine, and catalog markets we serve, and our seasoned experts are not only knowledgeable about the conventions of these industries, but also their exciting new frontiers. Sheridan KY is one of nine Sheridan locations, as part of the CJK Group, and has been known for its superior book production since its beginnings. Specializing in hardcover books, we also produce softcover books as well as other publication types and serve many high-profile publishing houses in the areas of trade books, educational textbooks, children's books, and scientific/technical books. Located in Versailles, we are one of the largest book manufacturing plants in the country.
We are seeking an experienced HR leader to be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the HR department within our manufacturing facility.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years' HR management experience in a manufacturing environment, along with superior communication and organizational skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures
- Manage, develop, and direct the Sheridan Kentucky Human Resource staff
- Work with leadership to identify workforce requirements to achieve the organization's short- and long-term goals and objectives
- Evaluate and implement compensation programs while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Manage administration of all HR recordkeeping , including all Affirmative Action tracking and records
- Guide and manage the employment function by developing, implementing and evaluating sourcing, recruitment, hiring, orientation, succession planning, retention and organizational exit programs necessary to ensure the workforce's ability to achieve company goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations that govern the workplace
- Establish workplace policies, procedures and programs that includes workplace health, safety, security, career path programs, training, development and performance management
- Actively assist managers and supervisors to resolve problems associated with personnel in their assigned areas. Coach leaders in a variety of areas including company policy and legal requirements, hiring, performance management, employee training and development and dealing with organizational change
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years' HR management experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years' supervisory experience
- Solid computer skills (MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong follow-up/through skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- SPHR or PHR certification
- Master's Degree
- General office environment with intensive computer work and extended use of the computer keyboard and mouse.
- This position requires the incumbent to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination.
- This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 859-879-4140 or .