Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
NACLC (T3) Job Family:
GDIT is currently seeking a High Performance Computing (HPC) System Architect to support our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) HPC programs, as well as broadly support GDITs HPC Center of Excellence (COE). This position is remote within the U.S. with some travel required.
GDIT provides the supercomputing resources at multiple datacenters to support the research, development, and operational requirements essential to NOAAs mission. These resources are used to develop, deploy, and operate sophisticated numerical models used to predict and understand atmospheric and oceanic phenomena for weather and climate, as well as associated handling of very large atmosphere and ocean datasets. Our current NOAA programs include the Weather and Climate Operational Supercomputer System (WCOSS) and Research & Development HPC Systems (RDHPCS). RDHPCS supports the research and development of numerical models, while WCOSS delivers 24/7 computational capability to run these models for NOAA operational weather & climate prediction. These 10-year programs will deliver significant computational capability that will evolve over time to keep pace with NOAAs growing environmental modeling needs. The HPC COE leverages expertise from across all of GDITs HPC programs to provide mutual support and contribute to GDITs HPC proposal efforts.
The HPC System Architect will lead system design efforts for existing GDIT HPC programs and for GDIT HPC program proposals. This involves defining and analyzing requirements, assessing alternative solutions, and integrating technologies and components into end-to-end systems meeting customer needs.
Position Duties and Skills requirements:
- Designs systems architecture for new or existing HPC systems that includes compute, interconnect, and storage components.
- Performs design trade-offs and analysis of system performance (including benchmarking), reliability/availability, and maintainability to verify that systems meet requirements.
- Develops test plans and procedures and executes test programs.
- Maintains understanding of the HPC community and technology trends to enable building the next generation HPC systems.
- Provides hands on experience with the operations/system administration of production HPC clusters to meet SLA and operational requirements.
- Supports procurement of system components by evaluating technologies/sources, preparing specifications, and evaluating proposals.
- Strong writing skills for technical documents, system procedures, user wikis and FAQs
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced Systems Engineers.
- Works as a team leader, team member, or individual contributor.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Subject matter expertise with Lustre that includes experience with benchmarking, tuning and troubleshooting complex Lustre issues.
Education and Experience requirements: BA/BS in a related technical field (or equivalent experience), 12+ years of experience.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.