Job Description$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! Job Summary:
This position will do preventative maintenance service, troubleshooting, service, repairs and emergency service on stand-by generators. This includes the ability to replace batteries, chargers, belts, hoses, filters, tune-up engines (gasoline, diesel), and assist in radiator replacement.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education, Skills & Knowledge
- Perform repairs and services on all makes and models of generator sets.
- Inspections, repairs, services and start-up load bank test requirements on equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment and servicing generator components including alternators, wiring harnesses, safety devices, shutdown switches, and battery systems.
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection, disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine operating performance tests.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through inspection of failed parts.
- Repair and troubleshooting engines such as Kohler, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, John Deere, MTU and Volvo.
- Communicate all information to customers in an accurate, factual manner.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ensure work scope has been performed and unit is operational.
- Write clear and concise service reports.
- Must have the ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
- Must be able to travel, in company service vehicle, throughout the local counties.
- Must be able to be on-call for emergency services.
- Responsible for vehicle safety maintenance.
- Maintain assigned vehicle inventory and able to travel throughout the local counties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum 3 years' experience in the repair and maintenance of generator systems; from 8kW to 2800 kW preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduation from a Technical school is desired to include generators, diesel, power gen, electric power, relay or substation technology, etc.
- Must have the ability to perform high quality work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic attitude, and great customer service skills are a must.
- Must have satisfactory driving record with the ability to obtain a DOT medical certification.
- Must be able to respond to emergency service calls as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Mechanical aptitude required.