Gather Operator - 1st
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Versailles, KY
The primary function of this position is to operate and keep supplied a machine that gathers individual sigs into a correctly sequenced book ready for the binding operation.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
- Setup, adjust, tend, and/oversee the gathering machine.
- Breakdown stacks, stage sigs ready for use on the gatherer.
- Stage stacks of sigs and insert sigs into appropriate pockets (collate) to be gathered into a book.
- Monitor and tend the operation of the machine.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working in manufacturing
- Must be mechanically inclined with good math skills
- Strong knowledge of computer-controlled machinery in a production environment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Bindery materials, supplies, and Job Jacket administration skills
- One-year general Bindery experience is preferred
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 859-879-4140 or .