Reports to: Service Manager
Overview: Performs maintenance and repair activities on gas compression and/or process equipment, at customer's location, as directed. Acts as a subject matter expert for equipment in assigned area. Mentors and teaches company maintenance standards.
- Maintains a safe and well-organized work environment and models all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM) to standard with no help.
- Performs most Call Outs (CO) without assistance from a technical expert. Diagnoses and repairs mechanical problems on multiple types of equipment including compressor packages, gas process and power generation equipment used within the region.
- Leads a team performing Major Maintenance (MM), Overhaul and MOB / DEMOB projects to standard with limited to no assistance.
- Completes and submits required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
Non-Essential Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees shall be in compliance with the Archrock Health Safety and Environmental Policy and local, statutory and/or regulatory requirements at all times.
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform all essential duties.
- Demonstrate expert diagnostic, highly efficient troubleshooting, tap root investigation and repair skills on multiple types of equipment including compressor packages, gas process and power generation equipment used within the region.
- Perform any scheduled or unscheduled maintenance with no technical assistance.
- Write up a detailed report.
- Lead a team performing Major Maintenance (MM), Overhaul and MOB / DEMOB projects to standard with no assistance.
- Perform compressor calculations.
- Provide expert level customer service and effectively communicate complex issues to customer.
- Read, write and speak English (work orders, manuals, etc.)
- Model all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Use computer skills, including vendor specific programs (Cat, Waukesha, Ariel, Murphy, etc.), Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Lead by example by completing and submitting company required documentation in an accurate, thorough and timely fashion and following standard protocols.
- Respond to afterhours request regularly on an on call basis.
- Expert and intricate knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems, panel boards, controls, skid wiring, etc., through advanced training or performance verification.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical / electro-mechanical failure analysis and investigation.
- Advanced compression and engine performance.
- Understanding of Pulsation and Vibration.
- Fully understands customer's facilities / production equipment and how they work and can troubleshoot system issues.
- Fully understands all processes and systems used in the region and how they work regardless of types, makes or models.
- Knowledge of company maintenance standards checklist and ability to accurately and completely follow.
- Knowledge of how to run the software to produce Performance Curves when approved by Service Manager, Performance Curves are used to make adjustments to compressor package.
Minimum Education and Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training preferred.
- Typically at least 10 years of experience with natural gas engines and compressors.
- Demonstrated history of successful and safe service experience.
- Expected to serve as a resource to others for mentoring, knowledge transfer, training and checking work.
- May occasionally lead a crew or temporarily fill in for Lead FST.
- Train and Mentor lesser experience Field Service Technicians.
Physical Demands: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed - Refer to WorkSaver Systems for full details.
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role (includes respiratory protection medical requirements as required by role).
- Constantly required to display good manual dexterity and to reach with hands and arms.
- Constantly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit while driving or using a PC.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, and twist with good balance.
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry at least 40 pounds with one hand for at least 10 feet.
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment, stairs and vertical ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Extensive Travel.
- Drives and works in inclement weather for extended periods.
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations of data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and that frequently require new approaches to resolve problems encountered.
- Expected to frequently recommend and implement methods and procedures to improve safety, efficiency, quality, cost, etc. within scope of role.
- Actions and decisions will have an impact on operational results, profitability, schedule performance and customer relationships.
- Frequently resolves problematic units and customer related issues in a timely manner.
- Enhanced skills should result in fewer scheduled delays or decreased costs.
- Accountable for HSE, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
Freedom to Act:
- Expected to work with little instruction and minimal supervision.
- Determines action to be taken within limits of standard practice and authority.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.