Department: Child Care
Supervisor: Family Service Specialist
Location: 15380 K Rd. Mayetta, Ks 66509
Range: $10.18 - $18.81
Offering rate will vary within the listed range above. Supported by the Department budget & related experience/education
Questions before applying?
- Preference in employment actions exercised in accordance with applicable law. Applicants must provide proof of eligibility for preference.
- Benefits for Full-Time: Weekly pay periods, Holiday pay, paid Birthday leave, Weekly accruals for Vacation & Sick leave, Administrative, Bereavement, and Educational Leave available, Low-Cost & Low-Deductible Benefits Plans & Generous 401(k) matching program.
This position assures a supportive role in the daily operations of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Early Childhood Education Center. During the absence of primary caregivers the Floater will assist in conducting activities and programs for children in all classrooms, provides support for the transportation department including bus monitoring, and answers phone calls in a polite manner; taking messages as needed. This position will also help in other areas of the program as needed. To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or GED or willingness to obtain within one year of hire
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or willingness to acquire within six months of hire
- First Aid certification or willingness to acquire within six months of hire
- Less than one year experience working with young children in a group setting
- Must possess a caring and responsible nature with a high degree of sensitivity to children and families on and near the Potawatomi Reservation
- Must be willing to participate in continued training to improve abilities
- Must be able to positively influence the learning, emotions and behaviors of children
- Must possess the ability to operate general office equipment, including but not limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone, computer and operating systems, computer software programs (Microsoft Office programs), fax/copier machine
- Must be available to work the assigned: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-11:00am and abilities to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position
- Must be punctual and dependable in regular attendance
- Must possess professional work ethics, manner, and appearance
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation and documentation
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Must possess ability to communicate professionally; both orally and in writing a service-orientated approach, sometimes in stressful circumstances
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all prior and current employment.