Trimmer Operator - 3rd Shift
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Hanover, NH
Sheridan's roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793, but that doesn't make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you'll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard. The content we produce and the technology solutions we provide reach all corners of the world. At our core, we are more than just printers of world-class publications, we are a family of innovators and doers who are a part of something far greater than ourselves.
- Function effectively as a Trimmer Operator and will be responsible for product quality and productivity on the trimmer machine.
- Check logbook for any pertinent information.
- Set-up binder/trimmer machine according to ticket information
- Confirm that bound matter matches job ticket.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the crew.
- Monitor quality of product throughout job according to established procedures.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- 6 to 9 months of previous experience in production and/or finishing required.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills required.
- Proven mechanical ability required.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 50 lbs. frequently.
- Continuous standing required.
- Frequent walking and stooping required.
- Occasional sitting, crouching, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Schedule is Sunday to Friday, 11 PM to 7 AM - 40 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- 3 rd shift pays a shift incentive on hours worked!
- Eligible for $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 603-653-7314 or .