2435 West Custer St, Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Sells residential lawn care services to new and existing customers in-person through door-to-door selling efforts. Trains and mentors other residential sales representatives. Meets or exceeds minimum sales requirements for Field Sales Lead role.
1. Sells residential lawn care services to new and existing customers in-person through door-door-door selling efforts via personal vehicle.
2. Conducts lawn analysis, advises customers of problems with lawn and landscape and determines appropriate solution. Determines pricing by measuring and calculating square footage to branch price list.
3. Sells residential lawn care services tailored to the needs of customers, including weed control, fertilization, and insect control, as well as specialized services, to achieve weekly sales goals. Estimates date of service to customer based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
4. Conducts follow-up of leads through means of person-to-person contact to identify customer needs.
5. Quotes prices, negotiates with customer, and closes the sale.
6. Assists with on-the-job training of new or developing sales representatives.
7. Coaches and mentors Residential Sales Representative I and II associates.
8. Provides support to Branch Sales Manager with sales reporting, scheduling and leads
9. Meets Key Performance Indicators for role (ex. minimum required sales per week)
• Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals.
• Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals.
• Interpersonal Savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Bachelor s Degree preferred
• Two (2) to three (3) years experience in outside sales required, 1 or more years senior level or sales lead experience preferred.
• Certifications as required by federal, state or local law
• Valid, permanent driver s license from state of residence and a clean driving record defined as no DUI-related violations within the past five years and no more than three moving violations within the past three years.
• Horticulture Certification Completion
• Mosquito/Pest Control Certification Completion
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Written and verbal communication skills, including delivering presentations
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Computer skills with TruGreen Systems (Mission, Sales Exec, Atlas, Olympus, Compass, IOS General)
• Ability to lead and influence others
• General knowledge of the industry, TruGreen organization, products, and/or services
• Knowledge of training techniques for new Residential Sales Representatives
• Formal Training on the Coaching Handbook
• Completion of EJ4 Sales Training Folder in TGU (Field Sales Lead)
• Knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, cold-calling, overcoming objections, closing sales, etc.)
• Mathematical skill to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume
• Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
• Ability to build customer relationships and provide appropriate levels of customer service
• Demonstrated success in building and leading a sales team
• Advanced knowledge of sales practices
• Ability to travel locally on an extensive basis
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
Sit or stand
Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
Speak and hear
Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
Lift or move up to 25 lbs
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Noise level - Low to Moderate
Adverse Conditions - Minimal
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an application accommodation, Click Here.
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here.
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.