What you need to have:
- Marsh McLennan (MMC) Database Services are growing at pace and currently have an opportunity for a creative, inquisitive, Enterprise Database Architect.
- We are a large team who together, are responsible for significant projects for 3000+ databases across the UK, Canada & the US.
- We are offering an emerging and varied role, with a stimulating range of duties and responsibilities, designing strategies for our Enterprise Database Systems and setting standards for operations, programming, and security, using ETL architecture standards.
- We are moving to an automation first approach, so would love for you, to bring your inquisitive, entrepreneurial nature to your work, we want to be asked what could we do? How can we make things better?
- We would look for you to research & present new, replacement tech that will contribute to defining, maintaining, and strengthening the database strategy, service offerings and support of this critical department.
- Our Database Services team are Global, this role could be based remotely, out of any of our UK, Canada, or US office locations, with a degree of remote working also available.
What makes you stand out?
- Significant Database experience or other related computer science experience
- Sound knowledge of Relational DBMS (Database Management Systems)
- Talented in Database and cloud computing design, architectures, and data lakes
- Experience of or interest in Oracle, MsSql, and/or DB2, Sybase
- Familiarity with data visualization, data migration and data modelling tools
- Be a strategic thinker
- Experience in applied mathematics and statistics
At Marsh McLennan, we understand the complexity, and the reality, of the modern career path. If your experience looks a little different from what weve identified and you think you would be a great fit for the role, we would love to hear from you.What can you expect?
To be a valued member of a rapidly growing Database Services team at MMC.What is in it for you?
We will rely on you to:
- Comprehensive benefits
- To join a truly global organization that can offer excellent ongoing career development opportunities
- Be a part of a dynamic, innovative, and fun team spanning the Globe
- Design and construct large relational databases.
- Integrate new systems with existing structure and refine system performance and functionality.
- Manage data integration and train users on effective implementation of database practices
- Take complex codes and break them down logically for end-user understanding
- Compute solutions to data problems in a timely manner with techniques that offer long-term success
- Transmit information feedback between end-users and data specialists to ensure high-quality programs
- Research industry best practices in emerging technologies and implement into database design
- Maintain an open and optimistic point of view to build broad systems that provide dependable and customized usage to multiple end-users
- Provide support with continuing maintenance, updates, and upgrades; identifying and fixing problems as they arise
- Provide recommendations for performance tuning and improvements to existing databases
In accordance with applicable legislation, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individuals particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact .
Marsh is the worlds leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on ; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.