Position Summary: The Engineer I - Change Control is responsible for first level oversight of the engineering change process, ensuring the on-time development of reliable designs that are cost-effective, able to be manufactured, meet customer specifications, and maintain company standards. In addition, they will support internal departments in order to support business development, capacity, and continuity while mentored by a more experienced engineer in the department.
- Perform daily reviews/analyses and validation of engineering change orders; create workflow/change control documentation as necessary to improve change management processes.
- Lead cross-functional change management/change implementation teams across all plant departments.
- Work with affected departments to resolve issues that prevent change implementation, providing detailed technical explanations surrounding the change process and/or working with design teams to create additional technical documentation/basis for the change.
- Work with plant personnel to ensure required changes are effectively introduced into production at the appropriate time.
- Monitor engineering change request from initial requests through release in order to facilitate the change implementation process.
- Prepare necessary reports and related information in a timely manner and channel to affected persons or department.
- Analyze data reporting change information.
- Develop and implement continuous improvements throughout the entire change management process.
- Prepare regular and accurate reports for determining the status of engineering changes.
- Ensure an efficient and timely decision-making process to expedite engineering changes.
- Follow the design procedures and specifications established by division R&D.
- Support departmental compliance with all IATF16949 policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Ability/willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 25%)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of calculation methods (i.e. tolerance calculations, analytical calculations, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Broad knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within engineering.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with large engineering database systems
- Knowledge of 5S and Six Sigma problem-solving methodology
- 2+ years of project management and/or supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with plant operations, including machining, assembly and heat treatment
- IATF - 16949 awareness training
- Experience in Automotive industry
- German Language Skills