Federal, based in Waukesha, WI, manufactures durable, reliable, and hygienic liquid filling and capping machinery. Federal serves a variety of markets including dairy, juice, water, food, chemical, coatings, and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Federal also provides custom tailored extended shelf life (ESL) solutions to meet the strict demands of today's marketplace. Federal is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on Pro Mach's brands visit
Federal is seeking a talented Electrical Assembler to join their team. The Assembler will be responsible for layout installations, installing and wiring product control panels and product machines which require the application of electrical principles and knowledge of electrical techniques in accordance with Company specifications and quality standards. Will be responsible for maintaining the Plant's electrical systems to provide power for machines, equipment, lighting and other electrical applications. This position reports to the Production Supervisor. Other responsibilities for this job include:
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematic drawings, engineering prints/specifications and/or manufacturing manuals, and/or verbal/written instructions to determine necessary wiring of a panel and/or machine.
- Laying out installations, installing and wiring centralized control panels, product machines, distribution and lead-in circuits, switches, miscellaneous control and timing devices, lighting systems, etc. in accordance with engineering specifications, schematic drawings and/or detailed instructions.
- Installing and maintaining the Plant's electrical system to provide power for machines, equipment, lighting and other electrical applications in accordance with engineering specifications, codes, regulations and safety requirements.
- Diagnosing, isolating, and correcting electrical problems which include replacement and adjustment of components, integral units, motors, controls, switches, standard devices and gear.
- Utilizing appropriate test instruments, gear and equipment to test and insure compatibility and safety of all circuits, components, switches, controls, etc., to assure correct performance, quality and operation.
- Inspecting work for proper wiring.
- Strictly following all electrical safety requirements and safety requirements for ladder usage, hand and power tool operation, forklift and hoist operation, and housekeeping.
- High School degree or GED. Specialized courses in basic electricity
- 5+ years' experience in wiring electrical control panels for large machines/equipment
- Working knowledge of AC & DC control circuits, including single and three-phase motor controls
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role in an organized fashion
- Capability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ability to perform electrical testing and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and ability to utilize a variety of hand and power tools
- Math abilities which include knowledge of fraction principles
- Ability to stand or sit regularly for assembly
- Fine motor skills for wiring
- Occasionally lay on back to access machine
- Occasionally work on ladder
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- Mechanically Inclined
- Panel Wiring
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization