Driver- Box Truck
Status: Exempt Full-Time -Entry/Mid-Level
Job Location: Keenesburg, CO (East of Denver)
Salary: Annual- Starting at $50,000 - $70,000
Benefits: After 90 Days Health, Dental, & Vision
Primary Function: Driving/Laborer/Loading/Unloading
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
Posted: Until -Filled
The Wild Animal Sanctuary is searching for a FULL-TIME Truck Driver. This opportunity is a permanent position with health benefits after 90 days and good pay. Class B license preferred, but not mandatory. Specifically, we are seeking an individual who is a dedicated, diligent, and motivated team player; who will serve as a representative of the Sanctuary and drive to multiple locations stores 4 days a week to pick up and deliver supplies for the animals.
The Sanctuary has one full-time truck driving position that requires good inner-city and highway drivers that can lift and maneuver heavy 55 gallon barrels (weighing 100 to 300 pounds) of food in an out of the trucks on a regular basis.
These drivers run specific routes Monday through Saturday (4 - 10 hours days) and go to dozens of locations/stores picking up surplus food. They require someone with good driving skills, able to drive manual transmissions, and move heavy barrels each day.
Weekly maintenance checks on trucks are also part of the job, and maintaining shipping receipts, as well as entering data into the computer are part of the job.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Sanctuary staff and volunteers - as well as outside venders in a positive manner
- Maintaining a strict schedule of pick up locations and delivery back to Sanctuary
- Proactively communicating information accurately.
- Anticipating and attending to truck maintenance needs
- Maintaining paperwork and database information in a professional and efficient manner
- Nighttime route times (usually starting at 7:00 PM - 5:00 AM)
- Handling heavy 55 gallon barrels of food in and out of the truck (may weigh 100 to 300 pounds)
- Properly securing loads and maintaining equipment
- Act as a liaison between the Sanctuary and Walmart Staff
- Cleaning trucks and managing fuel use
- Daily paperwork and weekly computer reports
- Required/Other Qualifications:
- Possess a valid Colorado driver's license and have a satisfactory driving record
- Solid understanding of driving/hauling/loading/unloading
- Knowledgeable with heavy equipment and general maintenance
- Heavy haul experience (is a plus but no a requirement)
- Ability to liaise with other departments to achieve a common goal
- Flexible to driving long distances as needed
- Able to work inside, outside, and LIFT UP TO 100 - 300 POUNDS REGULARLY
- Self-motivated, productive, and results-oriented
- Keeping an organized and tidy workspace
- Flexible, ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities and to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects
- Teamwork orientated with ability to work independently
- Patient, a good listener, and a heart for animals
- Desire to learn, grow, and be coached
- Contribute to a positive culture
All assignments require employees to maintain a clean, safe and well maintained Refer-truck - which the Sanctuary owns and operates.
The above Job Description is intended to describe the general duties/nature of the level of work being performed by the Driver. This Job Description is not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and skills required. Job Descriptions are somewhat fluid and will change depending on the Organization's strategic direction and overall objectives accordingly.
Our Non-Profit organization, "The Wild Animal Sanctuary" is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without