We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations of all sizes. We are a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything. Our culture encourages people to think big, be curious, act with integrity, and be fearlessly inclusive. If this sounds compelling, come join eBay! About the opportunity
eBay is one of the largest online marketplaces for Heavy Equipment, and offers a wide selection of equipment, trucks, parts and attachments for industries from construction to transportation and agriculture. This includes tractors, trailers, forklifts, boom lifts, and skid steer loaders, among others. We are looking to hire a Director/General Manager of Heavy Equipment.
The Director/GM of Heavy Equipment will be a strategic and operational leader responsible for driving category growth and owning the end-to-end buying and selling experience. This includes optimizing marketing and onsite merchandising, attracting and retaining key inventory holders, and developing integrated solutions and services for buyers and sellers. This role will execute the P&L with the help of a large, cross functional team. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and seasoned operator who understands the dynamics of two-sided marketplaces, operates with strong accountability, collaborates well with cross-functional partners, and always considers the needs of our customers.
This role will be located in San Jose, Portland, or Bellevue Responsibilities
- Deliver on customer and financial metrics for the category, including buyer and seller funnels
- Assess potential M&A opportunities and lead integration efforts
- Understand the unique dynamics of the Heavy equipment market
- Drive progress against milestones for key strategic initiatives
- Partner closely and communicate frequently with top sellers to ensure seller success
- Analyze, diagnose and effectively problem-solve challenges that arise for our customers
- Lead marketing plan development and day-to-day execution
- Build and execute critical buyer and seller solutions to drive growth
- Create alignment with other eBay categories, other eBay teams, and global initiatives
- Passion for operating ecommerce businesses and/or two-sided marketplaces
- Track record of success defining strategies, implementing operating plans, and leading teams
- Strong cross-functional partner with experience leading through influence
- Executive level verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to tell a compelling story backed by data
- High degree of ownership, strong project management skills, and commitment to results
- Data-driven approach to planning and decision making. Comfortable and hands-on with data, analytics, and modeling
- Organized problem solver who balances attention to detail with efficiency
- Ambition to grow professionally and willingness to work hard, learn/adapt, and provide feedback both upward and to peer teams
- Willingness to engage with customers directly, and a strong desire to help eBay win!
- 8+ years of experience in an online marketplace, digital platform, or related e-commerce business
- 3+ years of responsibility for P&L and/or revenue goals
- Experience in or deep understanding of B2B commerce environment
- Interest and/or experience in Heavy Equipment a plus, but not required
- BA/BS required, MBA or similar graduate degree preferred but not required
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here:
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement