Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be with.
Director, Business Development, Payments Partnerships
Payments is one of the company's major growth enablers. Putting customers at the heart of everything we do, we connect communities and empower our people to deliver exceptional payments experiences at every touchpoint to drive eBay's long-term growth and market share.
The Payments team is hiring for a Director, Business Development, Payments Partnerships.
- Extend eBay payment's global reach through expert discovery, exploration and sizing of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships.
- Build and drive partner business cases internally to size, and assess the impact of new strategic growth opportunities.
- Identify, monitor, and evaluate Payment industry trends and customer drivers to build data-driven, short/ medium/long-term business development pipelines.
- Develop a network of fintech companies, and large-scale partners in the ecosystem for strategic partnerships.
- Manage and refine overall business development strategy, processes, structure, and standard methodologies to increase revenue, optimize costs and ensure compliance
- Lead commercial discussions with eBay's largest global partners and partner prospects through constant optimization and new opportunity development.
- Optimize established relationships with major global business partners to drive and structure new financial deals across regions and markets globally.
- Lead RFP in collaboration with cross-functional teams. Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various external sources and across a cross-functional deal team internally.
- Support new deal structuring through business value analyses as well as negotiating pricing and other commercial terms.
- Lead development of proposals and presentations for eBay leadership to achieve agreement on new business partnerships and business opportunities that will increase eBay's market share and revenue.
10+ years of relevant experience in FinTech, merchant e-commerce, Marketplaces, Partner Development and business development.
Expert skills at deal-sourcing, deal optimization and contract negotiations
Demonstrated accomplishments in managing RFP processes.
Fearless Negotiating Skills
Accomplished payments strategist across payments and financial services (lending, insurance etc.).
Commerce & Payments Trends
Ability to work effectively cross-functional teams, including Product, Engg, Payment Services, Finance etc.
Successfully operate in senior leadership roles in a dynamic, global, matrixed environment, and effective presentation skills to executive leadership
Extensive payments domain knowledge
Have a global mindset, and be mindful of our international audience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here:
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement