Job Description Summary BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and dedication to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety and efficiency of clinicians care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance researchers capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help improve outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. In 2017, BD welcomed C. R. Bard and its products into the BD family.
The purpose of the Marketing department at BD is to drive sustainable profitable growth by defining, executing, and continually improving the marketing and business strategies of BD. We engage in critical thinking to inform high-quality marketing choices that drive our growth.
BDs Surgery Business Unit (BU) positively impacts over two million surgery patient lives each year and is focused on partnering with both patients and healthcare professionals to educate on insights and solutions that will improve surgical outcomes. The Advanced Repair and Reconstructive (ARR) Platform focuses on soft tissue management, with a full portfolio of best-in-class surgical solutions, focused within all types of hernia repair and breast surgery.
Job Description Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.SUMMARY:
T he Digital Content Manager
is an experienced and results-driven digital marketing leader, who is responsible for the creation and production of omni-channel marketing content to achieve business goals and to ensure a consistent, integrated customer experience that guides prospects along their conversion journey.
This position will support BDs Surgery Business Unit (BU) and report directly into the Advance Repair and Reconstruction (ARR) platforms Senior Manager, Digital Marketing. It will be driving the execution of successful short-term and long-term digital marketing efforts to achieve business objectives, most immediately supporting ARRs direct-to-patient (DTP) and direct-to-healthcare professionals (DTHCP) market activation workstream within the Hernia Transformation initiative. This position will work collaboratively within the platform and cross-functionally across Surgerys BU team and BDX teams as needed.
The Digital Content Manager
is a marketing professional with solid business judgement, strategic thinking, and strong creative writing skills. He/she demonstrates a passion for interactive design, new technologies and forward-thinking ideas that results in a seamless user experience to drive demand and build the brand. Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Design content marketing strategies optimized for attracting, educating, and retaining customers
- Create and publish demand generation-oriented content in alignment with business strategies and branding standards.
- Create and disseminate engaging content, write copy for the website, social, e-mail and other digital channels, manage syndication and execute content marketing strategies to engage and convert prospects into customers.
- Work closely with Platform Digital Marketing Manager to optimize content on social media, landing pages, websites, paid media and implementing SEO and conversion best practices.
- Monitor online activity including customer reactions and manage social media responses.
- Support Global Marketing Team needs for content development of customer-facing and sales enablement content.
- Manages content through full approval routing process and ensures only approved content release to market through various channels.
- Collect and interpret data and then use the findings to adjust plans for maximum effectiveness.
- Work in strong collaboration with the ARR Digital and Global Marketing teams, BU Marketing/Communications team and across BDX matrix organization and marketing community
- Bachelors degree preferably in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations.
- Industry experience in biotech, pharma, med tech or health tech/digital health is preferred.
- Agency background is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in digital content strategy and tactics including content creation, editing, analytics, social media marketing and search engine optimization.
- Experience writing and editing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), ability to follow a style guide, and ensure content accessibility and end-user readability. This includes strong copywriting skills including proof reading, editing, research and tone of voice.
- Samples of writing especially websites, blogs and social media are required
- Experience in producing smart CTAs according to the visitor lifecycle stage
- Experience effectively and efficiently managing copy approval (MLR) processes
- Proven record of creating effective content for specific audiences and meeting deadlines.
- Experience with online community building.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines with limited resources and in a highly matrixed organization.
- A great team player - collaborative, detail-oriented and organized, comfortable working in a cross-functional and highly matrixed environment with limited resources.
- Ability to travel 10-15%
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Companys receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BDs Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law. Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their lifes purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location USA RI - Warwick
Additional Locations USA IL - Vernon Hills