The success of General RV Center is rooted in our exceptional team, which has been growing since 1962. Our sustained growth has been fueled by our family values and passion for the RV lifestyle. Today, General RV Center stands as the Nation's Largest Family-Owned RV Dealer, with locations nationwide and a global presence through our Internet Sales team.
What's in it for you? When you join our team, you become part of the General RV family. It's more than a job - it's the opportunity to build a career, make a difference, and be part of an exciting industry.
The Delivery Process Manager is responsible for ensuring an exceptional delivery experience for every customer. This individual is tasked with overseeing that units are prepped, cleaned, and ready before the customer's arrival. The Delivery Process Manager will supervise the Delivery Coordinators and Delivery Specialists, ensuring they are knowledgeable and prepared for every delivery.
- Maintain the customer as the number one priority, motivating all departments (finance, sales, service, and parts) to ensure the units are ready to deliver and escalate to management when roadblocks occur.
- Act as the impartial catalyst between departments to increase a sense of urgency, communication, and a higher level of customer service standards, always acting on behalf of the customer.
- Lead, develop and mentor the Delivery Specialists providing training, ensuring a proper demo occurs, product knowledge is maintained, external work orders are paid, and any outstanding customer questions are answered before the customer leaves.
- Lead, develop and mentor the Delivery Coordinators providing training ensuring all 24-hour confirmation calls are made, CAMP is used in real-time, and any outstanding customer questions are answered before the customer leaves.
- Communicate with PDI Foreman & Service Management team to ensure units are being prepped at a minimum of 48 hours before the delivery appointment. When this does not occur, ensure the management team develops a game plan for completion.
- Verify with the Cleaning team to ensure units are cleaned and washed 24 hours before the delivery appointment and when this does not occur, ensure the service team has a game plan for completion.
- Ensure the team completes QC walking each unit before delivery, verifying each RV is prepared to General RV standards and ready for our customers to take home.
- Act as the customer's voice at all times, and if the unit is not ready for any reason, develop and oversee a plan to get it ready. Focus remaining on communicating and working with department heads; rather than completing the work themselves.
- Conduct daily meetings with the PDS's, DC's, Sales and Service Management to ensure everyone is ready for the day's deliveries.
- If barriers exist within the store, collaborate with the Corporate Delivery Process Manager to find solutions and reduce future barriers.
- Report data to Corporate management regarding failure to launch, high alert entries, and other barriers by maintaining an open line of communication for feedback, accountability, and process improvements.
Planning & Executing:
- Responsible for monitoring the CAMP Delivery Board and creating a daily game plan for the upcoming deliveries to ensure DS's & DC's are prepared.
- Responsible for ensuring each unit is walked a minimum of three hours before delivery verifying it is clean and prepared to be presented to our customers.
- Shadow DS's regularly to ensure they are providing a leading industry demo experience.
- Shadow the DC's on a rotating basis to ensure customers are being treated as VIPs and are being informed every step of the way.
- Ensure the Day of Delivery SS is updated any time there is a "high alert" and provide timely analysis and troubleshooting if delivery issues arise.
- Ensure CAMP is up to date and live, allowing the Delivery Process Manager to interpret data looking for process improvement, and collaborate on implementation.
- Review the root cause of any customer experience issues identified and strategize for future success through collaboration with the Corporate Delivery Process manager.
- Responsible for setting a customer-centric culture and holding team members to those standards.
- Responsible for working with all departments and driving urgency to ensure we are doing everything possible to give the customer the best possible experience.
- Responsible for ensuring the customer is supported throughout the entire day so that all questions are answered when they leave General RV. They have points of contact, feel confident about using their hitch (if applicable) and their unit as a whole.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma is required.
- Previous customer service experience is required. Experience within a retail environment a must.
- Proven leadership experience with direct reports
- Previous sales experience is desired but not required
- Quick learner with a friendly, outgoing and goal-oriented personality.
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
General RV offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance options, paid vacations and a 401k with company matching.
About General RV
General RV was founded when Abe Baidas converted a Detroit gas station into a small RV sales and manufacturing facility in 1962. From those humble roots, we've grown into the nation's premier RV dealer. We've helped millions of families experience the RV lifestyle. With the support of our talented employees, General RV now operates fourteen Supercenters in seven states in addition to an inspection facility in Indiana. We are proud of our history and are now in the third generation of family ownership. Since 2014, General RV Center has been named by Crain's Detroit as one of Michigan's largest and fastest growing privately held companies.