$5,000 sign-on bonus!
The essential functions and basic duties of the CDL Driver are to perform pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. As a Delivery Driver, you are also responsible for delivering and unloading products, reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into on-board computer, and completing paper logs if necessary. Additional Functions Include:
- Complying with FMCSA regulations
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting any defects promptly using DCVR form
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related paperwork
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors
Wages and Benefits
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's License (Class A and CDL Drivers require respective licensing)
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and mandates and understanding of UNFI's safety standards
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Regional Driving - Be at home more often
- 6 paid holidays per year
- Annual pay increases, $28/hr after 1 year of service, $29/hr after 2 years of service
- $5000 Sign on bonus. $2500 days and $2500 paid at 180 days. Must be employed at time of each bonus to receive.
- After 90 days, weekly accrual of 3.07 Paid Time Off (PTO) hours
- Average of 43 to 46 hours per week
- 2 to 3 routes per week based out of Iowa City for dispatch, with 1 to 2 layovers
- All trailers are equipped with power jacks, dock and lift gate deliveries
- Paid hotel stays
- Meal per diems
- Excellent benefits, safety bonuses, and more.....
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.