Defines, creates, and maintains Oracle and/or SQL databases. Analyzes, tests, and implements database design supporting various business applications. Ensures that data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical databases are met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management. Provides coordination between users, technical staff, application owners, and corporate entities, to ensure effective data management. Mentors less experienced engineers on practices and procedures of databases.
- Understands, implements, tests, and manage solid database backup and recovery strategies. Implement solid data security practices, and ensure solutions meet business objectives. Plans and tests disaster recovery strategy. Participates in the 24x7 on-call schedule.
- Provides troubleshooting and performance tuning advice to users of database services. Assist database design team with more complex designs. Consult on database related changes as a subject matter expert.
- Develops and executes system-level test plans and patching activities.
- Understand and adhere to enterprise scheduling system.
- Maintain multiple environments via an object migration model.
- Sets direction for database design and practices. Installs and configures database related software and databases. Monitor database systems for abnormal conditions and respond accordingly.
- Capacity planning to ensure that appropriate hardware/software resources are associated with databases and connecting business applications. Work closely with IT peers and teams regarding requirements for databases and to ensure optimal performance.
- Develop rules, procedures, and standards for the access and maintenance of shared data resources. Suggests process improvements and standards. Stay current on industry trends and database features
- Mentors and coaches less experienced database engineers on complex projects and processes.
- Database vendor management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Management Information System (MIS), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus or equivalent
- Five years of experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of Oracle and/or SQL databases
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
SSM Health is committed to equal employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other statuses protected by law.