The data scientist will support the SafeOp platform in driving actionable and objective information that will drive better clinical outcomes using machine learning, statistical analysis, and advanced signal processing techniques.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Partner with marketing and development teams to drive the use of data science across the Alpha Informatix product line.
- Participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and software analysis tools to support continued automation of the SafeOp neuromonitoring platform.
- Participate in the development, validation and delivery of state-of-the-art signal processing techniques to enhance the quality of physiological signals and improve device performance.
- Design and build complex predictive models to address clinical and business questions.
- Develop methods to leverage/extract/process/analyze complex, high volume, high-dimensional datasets from both internal and external sources.
- Design experiments, A/B testing, evaluate the quality of derived assets and develop dashboards to continuously monitor model performance.
- Use machine learning and statistical skills in analyzing large datasets to extract actionable insights that inform: model development, experimental design, and clinical or business decisions
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And Experience
- 1+ yeas of relevant work experience (industry preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with scripting environments such as Python and/or MATLAB
- Expert knowledge in statistics, machine learning, signal processing and algorithm development.
- Experience applying signal processing/machine learning to physiological signals highly desirable.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant quantitative (e.g. applied mathematics, engineering, physics), discipline, graduate degree preferred. Experience of 2 or more years in data science.
For roles based in the United States that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
ATEC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state or local laws. Further, ATEC will make reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with disability discrimination laws.