Data Engineer (IFBF)Who We Are:
At Iowa Farm Bureau, we are committed to the people, progress, and pride of Iowa. The Iowa Farm Bureau Federation is a leading organization that advocates for the sustained success of agriculture, Iowa's farm families and their communities. An organization where some of Iowa's most talented people, drawn to the service of farm families, have come to develop rewarding and long-lasting careers. As the most respected grassroots general farm organization in the state, the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation offers a unique opportunity to be an advocate for farmers in a dynamic and challenging environment.What You'll Do:
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Iowa Farm Bureau business community and providing technical direction through the development, enhancement, and support of data systems solutions and procedures. You will operate in a continually changing technical environment and must maintain a working knowledge of the data systems. Must have in-depth knowledge of multiple data sources and technologies and proven ability to solve complex problems. Knowledge of company standards, procedures, and data engineering methodologies will be needed for timely completion of assigned projects. Additional responsivities will include:
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- Analyze and organize moderately complex data. Correct reported system failures.
- Design complex data systems, data pipelines, and reporting tools to satisfy business requirements.
- Create, execute, and maintain project plans for moderately complex systems.
- Participate in the integration of new systems and recommend new technology.
- Communicate with various business units on technical issues involving data access and reporting.
- Communicate problem resolution process and provide information pertaining to the system.
- Conduct research and maintain high level of knowledge in data engineering to ensure operations and implementations are of the highest quality.
- Direct or perform systems-related special projects as requested.
- Provide 24hr support and maintenance of production systems as needed.
- This position is eligible for a Hybrid work arrangement if wanted.
What We Offer You:
- College degree or equivalent plus 3 years relevant work experience required.
- Skilled in organizing and reporting on data (e.g., managing data warehouse/data marts).
- Experience with database tools (e.g., SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
When you're on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. We offer a 401K with match, a defined benefit retirement plan, an incentive bonus, student loan repayment assistance, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays, and teams who know how to have fun. Work/life balance is extremely important to this team, while we work hard we also understand that while work is important, it's not the only thing. Add to that an onsite wellness facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a cafeteria, and even an onsite medical clinic. Iowa Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!
If you're interested in joining a company that has a long history of stability, one that appreciates its employees and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!Work Authorization/Sponsorship:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor now or in the future, or take over sponsorship of, an employment visa or work authorization for this role. For example, we are not able to sponsor OPT status.