Facebook is seeking a forward thinking experienced Production Process Improvement Engineer to join our Data Center Operations team. Our data centers, and the tens of thousands of servers installed in them, are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Facebook is at the leading edge of the global datacenter industry in terms of how data centers are designed and operated. This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to their success.We seek an engineering professional with advanced technical skills and experience in Process, Production, or Industrial Engineering, in large-scale, global production operations environments. Having extensive knowledge and proven success of using data to drive continuous efficiency gains and process improvement, and leveraging suitable methodologies including Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, is a core capability of this individual. The candidate should also have deep knowledge and applied success in at least four of the following core areas: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Process and Workflow Analysis, Standardization and Automation, Application of Data-Based Decisions, or Process Change Management. Required Skills:
Data Center Engineering Specialist Production Process Improvement Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work as technical lead globally, with cross functional teams on large scale data center production and operations analysis and continuous improvement.
- Find opportunities to globally improve and innovate in key areas and processes such as server integration and repairs, documentation and standardization, tooling and automation, Data Center design and capacity planning.
- Leverage and support existing metrics and define new ones to support identifying global opportunities to improve efficiency and scalability, and proactively analyze data to quantify risks and opportunities for efficiency gains.
- Responsible to develop and implement plans for process improvement trials, new process technology integration and supply chain improvement.
- Responsible to define, document and communicate best practice process standards for teams globally to leverage.
- Support building cross functional relationships and have the ability to influence policies and procedures to improve global data center operations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% required.
- Masters, BS, BEng or BA in technical field or commensurate experience in Industrial Engineering or other technical degree with equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years experience in directly transferable, Production Operations/Systems/Process Engineering or Process Improvement, with a minimum of 2 years in an Engineering role (Process or Product engineer, Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer or similar roles).
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Proven experience of supporting process, work-flow and data analysis, to implement improvements through automation and reduce waste.
- Knowledge in supply chain, logistics and asset management in a production environment.
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule, possessing time and project management experience.
- Experience working alone as well as in small and large groups on a regular basis.
- Communications Skills.
- Experience in supporting change management activities.
- Organizational, problem solving and data-supported decision making experience, including experience in statistical analysis, processing and dives on sets of data.
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering year-over-year results using metric supported problem solving.
- Knowledge of Data Center and Computing Infrastructure.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
Internet Equal Opportunity:
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .