Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians is seeking a CT Technologist to join our Radiology office in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. The CT Technologist possesses a working knowledge of specific tasks and procedures associated with Computed Tomography. As a trained health care professional, the CT Technologist works closely and personably with other Technologists, Physicians, Nursing staff, and Office staff. The primary goal of the CT Technologist is to provide prompt, courteous and quality care to every patient requiring our services, keeping foremost in mind to preserve the patient s dignity and rights to confidentiality. This is a full time, benefits eligible position working Monday- Friday (11:30a-8p), with weekend X-ray rotations possible. 10 or 12 hour shifts available.
- Practice radiation protection both individually and on behalf of patient.
- Responsible for explaining procedures to the patients and answering questions as needed.
- Scan patients according to protocols and parameters set forth by department policy or by a Radiologist. Provide high quality images for interpretation by Physicians.
- Process exams on all successfully completed CT exams. Archive patient exams on PACS system and use of NovaRIS system.
- Troubleshoot minor problems that arise with the CT scanner and the PACS system. Seek assistance from appropriate service personnel when necessary.
- Stay current on new protocols, software changes, policies and procedures, and quality assurance requirements.
- Maintain a clean and workable working environment at all times. Assure ample stock of linen and professional supplies.
- Start IV's and inject contrast medium whenever it is appropriate.
- Inform patients of scan delays or equipment repairs that cause excess waiting for the patient. Assist in transporting patients to restroom, patient s car, or other department whenever necessary.
- Assist Receptionists and Physicians in setting up appointments for routine patients. Act as a backup for team members who are out of the office, both planned and unplanned.
- Participate in continuing education applicable to the field and/or self-improvement. Attend and participate in staff meetings and other miscellaneous mandatory meetings.
- Assist in training new technologists hired by the center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of course in Radiologic Technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Hold a current Ohio license as a Radiographer
- Current certification as required by law
- One year experience working in Radiology preferred, but not required