Requisition #: 16846 Functional Area:
Leadership; Editorial/Writing/Research Employment Type:
Full-Time Work Options:
In Office / Partial Remote from Neenah/Appleton/Oshkosh area Work Hours:
Standard Business HoursPosition Summary
This position is responsible for leading the Transport Editorial Publishing Team to consistently achieve business results and to ensure internal/external customer/client service expectations are fulfilled. At a Sr. Manager level, this position must also operate at a strategic level, focusing on long-term plans and strategic priorities that benefit J. J. Keller as a whole. In this role, you can work onsite at our corporate campus in Neenah, WI, hybrid or from home.Job Responsibilities
- Leads, develops and coachesteam:
- Provides clear expectations, feedback and recognition
- Participates in the hiring/selection process
- Writes and conducts performance evaluations and progress reports
- Handles associate relations issues
- Delivers results in line with the following key metrics/accountabilities:
- On-time performance
- Project cost management
- Team chargeability/absorption
- Associate retention
- Investigates the feasibility of identified concepts for potential new products and services and recommends revisions of existing products and services, as needed.
- Partners withinternal departments such as Product Development, Sales and Marketing to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Develops and implements strategy for maintaining effective relationships with government agencies, associations, etc. to stay on the leading edge of regulatory and industry changes.
- Actively seeks to stay current with trends and developments within applicable subject areas, including the assigned market's regulations and best practices.
- Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and ensure that staff follows these same guidelines.
- Manages expenses in line with departmental budgets and corporate business conditions.
- Enforces and supports all company policies and procedures. Fully supports the company's commitment to safety and the environment and strive to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or other related transport field
- 3+ years experience in a content leadership role.
- 6+ years in a publishing environment oras a practitioner in the transport industry.
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to develop and implement growth plans and programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to coordinate and direct work flows for multiple individuals and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other departments.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for extended periods of time. Occasional travel to offsite offices, customer sites and/or industry and training events may also be required, depending on assignment.Other Information
At J. J. Keller, weare Difference Makers
because the work we do truly matters. We protect people's lives every day. In fact, more than 90% of Fortune1000 companies rely on J. J. Keller to help create safe work environments. View our CAREERS video to learn more about being a Difference Maker
at J. J. Keller and click here to learn what our associates have to say about life as an associate at J.J. Keller.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.! If you experience system-related issues or need assistance with the online application, please call .
Not the right role for you, but know someone who could be a great fit? Refer them to us through our Professional Referral Program
and you will earn a cash payment
if your referral is hired. Learn more here .
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. isan Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.Nearest Major Market:
Oshkosh Nearest Secondary Market:
Appleton Job Segment:
Marketing Manager, Journalism, Law, Manager, Product Development, Marketing, Publishing, Legal, Management, Research