The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here. Job Title
Commodities SupervisorJob Description
Brink's Global Services is a division of Brink's Inc, the world's premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink's Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Vault Supervisor
based out of our New York City location.Job Summary:
The Vault Supervisor
is responsible for working with the Manager of Vault Services in the management of the day-to-day vault/precious metals/commodities operation. The Vault Supervisor is responsible for managing the process in the vault areas and providing oversight/guidance to the vault staff in all matters relating to operational processes and procedures. In addition, the position will manage all day-to-day location functions and provide training to all new and current vault staff as necessary and work with national leadership to identify operational efficiency gaps and process opportunities. Finally, this position will work closely with other BGS and CIT locations across the network to maximize the customer experience and ensure the integrity/security of our internal procedures is maintained at all times.Key Responsibilities:
- Supervise and oversee the day-to-day operations of the BGS Precious Metals Storage Operation in the New York tri state area to include the supervision of the vault operations; vault check in/out; opening and closing of facility; and ensuring that all functions/activities are performed in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Apportions work assignments among vault crews and aligns daily assignments with customer needs.
- Monitors employee productivity and develops recommendations for improvement. Will also make recommendations for discipline and discharge when necessary and participate in the hiring process as needed.
- Maintain orderly and clean work area throughout the vault
- Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly audits of material in the vault
- Provide other management support as may be directed from time and to be available to work flexible hours.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all branch employees and keep in constant communication with the Vault Manager on matters pertaining to the Vault.
- Responsible for staffing requirements such as participating in the interviewing of job candidates and effectively recommending the hiring and ensuring the proper training of new personnel. Responsible for assisting in the scheduling of staff to appropriately meet daily staffing needs.
- Serve as the back-up to the Manager of Vault Services in the branch and ensure that the pick 'n' pack operation continues to operate in case of vacations/call offs or increased workload and provide support to the storage vault staff as needed.
- Problem solving when any issues arise relating to shipment errors and variances during the balancing process.
- Will create and work closely with leadership and HR on the training/development plans for all Precious Metals staff.
- As needed perform data entry in BITS (allocation, inbound delivery in, location updates, new customer creation, etc.).
- Ensure all pick 'n' pack deadlines are met each day by ensuring that all packages are ready and inventories are in balance by the carrier cutoff times.
- Keep the vault and warehouse organized and ensure that all metals are properly labeled and in their correct locations.
- Other assigned duties as directed by Vault Management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in vault operations/precious metals/commodities logistics/supply chain or related field or related position with Commodities/Precious Metals with transferrable skills
- Minimum of 3 year of experience using MS Office and Windows applications
- A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements if required.
- A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Able to lift up to fifty (70) pounds when necessary and stand on your feet for long periods of time.
- Five (5) years Experience in freight forwarding/transportation or related field in positions of increasing responsibilities
- Three (3) years Supervising a team - preferably in a logistics function.
- Experience working with diverse customer base in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills as well as working collaboratively with others.
- Working knowledge of logistics, armored transportation, other related industry practices.
- Good math skills.
- Professional, positive demeanor.
- Collaborative work style.
- Good ethics and integrity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analytical problem solving.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink's Global Services. Brink's provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employee's medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink's, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. About Brink's
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud. What's Next?
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.