Compensation Range : 120,000
Cloud Engineer -C# Developer
Salary: Minimum $120K base + bonus eligibility
Staples is business to business. You're what binds us together.
Our digital solutions team is more than a traditional IT organization. We are a team of passionate, collaborative, agile, inventive, customer-centric, results-oriented problem solvers. We are intellectually curious, love advancements in technology and seek to adapt technologies to drive Staples forward. We anticipate the needs of our customers and business partners and deliver reliable, customer-centric technology services.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop new private cloud UI and back-end capabilities for Staples internal private cloud, used by hundreds of development teams within the organization.
- Help profile and optimize C# .NET and SQL Server code to improve platform performance and debug sophisticated multi-threaded processes
- Act as the technical lead during the design and engineering phases, working in conjunction with a technical project manager and private cloud product owner to create and execute on a development plan.
- Configure (through automation) infrastructure and applications for high performance and highly available operation to meet business needs
- Participate and lead technical architecture planning, data architecture design, project execution, user acceptance testing, and deployment of products and services into an enterprise environment moving to the cloud
- Deploy and maintain a cloud network data center infrastructure and processes necessary to safeguard data systems
- Research, analyze, and recommend approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to drive engineering design initiatives across various disciplines of cloud products, and drive execution of these deployments to the highest standards.
- Proven track record managing technical initiatives, and a demonstrated expertise in related development and cloud technologies.
- Ability to help drive the future transformation of this critical technology ecosystem.
What's needed- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer in a technology related field with focus on digital solutions.
- 3+ years of experience developing in C# web and API based applications within a team of developers
- 1+ years of experience with modern cloud technologies with preferably some of that experience on a public cloud platform (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Shared code repository tools like git/BitBucket
What's needed- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science
- Proven depth and hands on experience in at least 3 of the following:
- C# web and API development (Must)
- MS-SQL Database, including T-SQL
- VMWare, including vRealize Orchestrator (vRO/vCO)
- Cloud based infrastructure and services
- Multiple modern automation platforms such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Cloud Formations, etc.
- CI/CD technologies like Jenkins
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.