Job DetailsJob Location
CMC - Weberstown - Stockton, CAJob Category
Information TechnologyPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Clinical Applications Specialist provides assistance related to the support of practice management, electronic health record and other clinical informatics applications and software. Responsible for completing tasks associated with the implementation of a project including configuration, minor development pieces and training. This position assists in the formulation of workflows and best practices for end-users. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates, bachelor's degree, or completion of certification program with 2 years of health care experience or 3 years of experience in a health care environment or Associates, Bachelors or completion of certification program in computer sciences, technology or similar.
- Entry level SQL skills that will aid in development duties and simple report queries.
- Experience leading projects, keeping participants informed and on task and working with stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met and deliverables are on target.
- Ability to serve in a leadership role coaching and mentor new and junior team members
- Willingness to participate in organizational improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of clinical workflows and billing processes in an ambulatory care setting with ability to assess workflows, recommend solutions, and assist with system configuration.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare.
- Understands how accreditation standards, regulatory agencies, funding, and competitive environment drives change within the organization.
- Willingness to learn a broad spectrum of healthcare technology and participate on a team driven toward innovation.
- Ability to read, write and understand English in a business setting; strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the following Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Valid California Driver's license, proof of insurance and personal transportation.
- Acts as an application subject matter expert on system and process improvement projects to optimize the use of clinical applications.
- Utilization of EHR tools to configure and customize the system based on input from end users.
- Acts as a liaison with clinic locations to ensure staff is current on new releases and custom development.
- Coordinate with production support providing backup and mentorship for Applications Support Specialists. Additionally,
- Logs and tracks requests using project management and help desk software; ensuring proper documentation of configuration and customization which maintains version control.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up of application issues referring more complex problems to Team Leader, Manager and/or Director
- Monitors tickets and reports to identify training needs or workflow/configuration changes needed.
- Assists with the completion of simple statistical reports. Coordinates with Business Intelligence for more complex, repetitive reporting needs.
- Ensures the development cycle is followed closely ensuring all development progresses through standardized milestones.
- Act as a liaison with the several specialty departments to gather development requests.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performs Subject Matter Expert (SME) duties on assigned new technology implementations and system upgrades.
- Analyze and provide support on the various clinical and non-clinical applications used throughout the organizations; provide basic solutions for clinical applications
- Act as a team member in the development of training plans and communication for new development releases.
- Maintain data privacy and confidentiality.
- May be required to act as the "resident expert" for a specific application.
- Report project status updates to Team Leader, Manager and/or Director.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Act as a subject matter expert on all of the clinical applications that the team supports.
- Proficient in the use of NextGen Template Editor and Document Builder or equivalent.
- Able to use SQL to aid in development projects or report queries.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment involving access to privileged information
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to use problem identification and solution skills.
- Ability to present training in an organized and understandable manner
- Working knowledge of project management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and follow-through on tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel often
- Strong analytical and customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of HIPPA and related privacy/confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work in an inter-departmental, cross functional role reporting to multiple managers.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Listens skillfully and displays a willingness and ability to acknowledge the needs, expectations and values of others through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
- Communicate effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice, appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling with every interaction.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service that is reflective of a culture that values trust and respect.
Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to vendors, contractors, and staff. Must have vision that is adequate to read memos, a standard computer screen, personnel forms, and clinical and administrative documents.
Must have high level of manual dexterity. Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn, have full use of fingers and touch sensitivity. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push up to 100 pounds on wheels.TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work performed in office and/or clinic environment. May require travel to health center sites or trainings outside of organization's community. Involves frequent contact with staff and clients. Work may be very fast paced and high pressure. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Position may rotate afterhours and weekend call duty and may be required to respond to phone calls or report to clinic or administration locations within established timeframes.