We are seeking a dependable and organized Class A truck driver
who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina who thrives working long hours on the road and can consistently ensure safe and accurate deliveries. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record.
Class A Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Class A Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications:
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle.
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit.
- Transport live and hard goods from the place of origin to assigned destination.
- Ensure cargo is properly secured inside of the truck and/or trailer to prevent breakage or damage.
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with managers.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Confirm contents of each shipment or load matches the manifest document.
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure.
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean.
- Maintain and schedule service for vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.) and advise management.
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
- Adhere to Company, Local, State, and Federal rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions.
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A driver's license required.
- 2+ years verifiable experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred.
- Clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Must pass a background check, DOT physical and drug test.
- Skilled at driving large vehicles.
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer.
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
- Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using Truck Rated GPS and other routing systems.
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful.
- High level of composure and good stress management.