US0424 Sysco HawaiiZip Code:
96819Minimum Level of Education:
High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:
2 YearsEmployment Type:
Full TimeTravel Percentage:
0 JOB SUMMARY
This is a delivery position responsible for driving a tractor-trailer to deliver and unload various products for Sysco customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills and working under state and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco safety preferred work methods. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required to successfully meet customers' needs.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform the management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72" to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading products, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities following the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedures.
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete DOT logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports, and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2 years local food or beverage delivery experience.
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver's License with a "clean" driving record (including no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 10 years).
- 1-year commercial driving experience.
- (For internal associates, or if market conditions warrant, Sysco may opt to require completion of Sysco's Entry-Level Driver Training Program within first 12 weeks of Driver employment, in place of 1 year CMV experience).
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test).
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the company.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.