PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation's Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM . For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook , Twitter , or Instagram .
The Registered Cardiac/Vascular Technologist is responsible for the administration of high frequency sound waves and other diagnostic techniques for medical purposes at the request of, and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. This position requires a highly skilled and competent professional who is considered to be an integral part of the health care team. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. Is expected to be competent in production, use, recognition and analysis of ultrasound images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cardiac/vascular anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Able to recognize patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure and exercises independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Competent in production, use, recognition and analysis of ultrasound images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Completion of an accredited course in Cardiovascular Sonography.
- CPR/BLS - Basic Life Support.
- Registered through ARDMS, CCI or other comparable society.
- Three (3) years of experience in sonography in an acute care facility
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider - one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort - you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V