Job DescriptionBi-Lingual Driver: Spanish and/or Creole
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. is looking for a professional and dependable bi-lingual driver that is fluent in English & Spanish and/or Creole to step into our culturally diverse and fast-paced facility!Summary:
The Bi-Lingual Driver provides transportation to and from health center appointments to enable patients to obtain medical care. The Driver will also perform other duties such as interpretation, cleaning, loading, transporting materials between centers, purchasing materials, and taking appointments to migrant camps.Hours:
This is a full-time position that requires the ability to work a flexible schedule. General hours could be between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm with occasional night-time hours and 2:00 pm -10:30 pm during the Migrant season. Saturday coverage is on an at-need basis to assist with Community Outreach events.Position Responsibilities/Duties:
Experience and Skills
- Follow procedures as outlined in the SJFMC Transport Policy Manual.
- Obtain daily transportation list from Front desk staff and/or Migrant outreach office.
- Call patients to confirm appointment and pick up time: verify address and directions of new transportation patients.
- Transport patients to and from the health centers.
- Maintain mileage and maintenance logs for vehicles and other reports required.
- Take vehicles in for maintenance according to maintenance log.
- Ensure that SJFMC vehicles and cellular phones are well maintained (clean, in good condition mechanically) and vehicles are well fueled at all times.
- Take daily deposits to the bank
- Transport mail to the post office daily or to UPS as needed.
- Purchase and transport materials upon request by supervisor or administration.
- Provide transportation for migrant farm worker patients for follow-up at health departments, hospitals, pharmacy and other related health care offices
- Assist farm workers in filling out paperwork and interpretation at SJFMC and other health related appointments.
- Clean and maintain patient wait areas as needed
- Effectively prioritizes work activities and manages time appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job Benefits
- Valid driver's license with clean driving history
- Knowledge of South Jersey area and roads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bi-lingual - Must be fluent in English and Spanish and/or Creole
- Certificate or diploma from a medical training course preferred
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. provides a rewarding and challenging work environment, state-of-the-art facilities, and a very competitive benefits package which includes: a healthy work/life balance, generous paid time off, floating /paid holidays, competitive wages, Tuition Assistance Program, 403(b) Retirement Plan with company contribution, Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Life Insurance.