Gregory Funding is in search of a Bankruptcy Support Specialist to join our team! This position is responsible for timely bankruptcy case management and oversight of the attorney firms. You will partner with internal departments to obtain necessary documentation, issue posting instructions, calculate financial figures and drive cases forward. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced and high growth environment.What you will do
- Set up files in case management system and prepare referrals for outside counsel
- Review and edit Proofs of Claim and Plan Objections drafted by counsel and approve for filing
- Run PACER check to determine new filings, monitor dockets and update system with appropriate flags and access bankruptcy trustee records
- Monitor the attorney performance by reviewing all proceedings and timeframes when working through system/database activities
- Audit all bankruptcy accounts for payment compliance and ensures proper application to system of record
- Process and review invoices from attorney firms in accordance with the FNMA fee guidelines
What we are looking for
- Review bankruptcy plans and motions for issues and directs local counsel on case management
- High School Diploma with some college classes
- 2+ years in a paralegal or financial services support function ideally in the bankruptcy or mortgage field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communications
Ideally you have
- Ability to prioritize work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly build effective working relationships across the organization
- Experience with National Database Center and Stretto (DMM Portal)
- Experience with PACER
- Experience with Chapter 13
As a top-rated special servicing company, our mission is to deliver the highest level of customer experience in the mortgage servicing industry by providing easy loan management, help in the face of financial hardships, respect in every interaction, and regulatory expertise.
Gregory Funding has created proprietary, customized Customer Service systems and its own advanced analytics to leverage improved mortgage loan management.
At Gregory Funding, we believe the key to any company's success lies in hiring the best people and providing them with the necessary tools, training, and incentives. We consider investing in our employees to be essential. You will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact from day one. Hard work and innovation are expected and rewarded.
We offer competitive salary and a great benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, covering 100% of the employee premiums and 50% for dependents. We provide life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, 15 days of PTO, 8 paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with company match up to 4%. We have a dog friendly work environment, and casual dress.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.