Who We Are
Virgin Galactic (SPCE:NYSE) recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space.
Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology.
From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space it is clear that there is much more that unites than divides us.
We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody - and change the world for good. Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver, and can make things happen - apply today!
The Avionics Team is seeking an Avionics Electrical Ground Systems Engineer to join us! Here's what you'll be bringing to the team at least 2 years of experience working with electrical ground systems related to aircraft and spacecraft.
- Design, Develop and Maintain multiple Electrical Ground Systems related to air and space vehicle avionics and instrumentation systems in an operational environment
- Electrical system design and component selection.
- Evaluation, selection, and integration of COTS subsystems.
- Develop, integrate, and operate electrical systems to meet requirements, company standards and Federal Regulations
- Troubleshoot complex systems using test tools, schematics, and teamwork.
- Constantly learn new things-and share them with your team members
- Provide engineering support to avionics engineering design, manufacturing, and production teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Bring
- Experience with design and integration of RF, Communications and Telemetry equipment
- Experience with test tools like Multi-meters, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analysers,
- Experience with Electrical Schematics, Load Analysis, Requirement Verifications,
- Experience with digital communication protocols such as RS232, RS422, RS485, Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, CAN
- Experience with Networking and PC/IT hardware integration and troubleshooting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Highly organized
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as all newly hired employees.
As of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, ( fully vaccinated means at least two weeks have expired since receiving the vaccination's last dose as recommended by the manufacturer) . If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR
(22 CFR120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.