Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be with.
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world. About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. eBay Watches helps deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay seeks to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through "building, accelerating, and disrupting." The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping.
We are looking for an Associate Category Manager, Watches to join our Verticals team at eBay. You will be a key leader on the Watches Team at eBay North America. If you are driven to win, have an ownership attitude, are able to build substantial cross-functional relationships and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for someone who is passionate about being an influential part of the watches and luxury industry. The Opportunity
The role is to help define the Watches category strategy and execute through working with strategically important sellers, buyers and industry specialists to ensure that eBay has the inventory and end-to-end experience to grow the business. As an Associate Category Manager of Verticals, you will be accountable for the success of your categories. Key responsibilities:
- Own the end-to-end research, planning and execution of strategic category initiatives which roll into the overall category and luxury division goals
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and unique community execution as it relates to the Watches category and our customers
- Be data-driven and monitor metrics within the business (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer happiness, gross merchandise volume, etc.) and inform business decisions from these insights
- Run analysis using excel, craft a story in PowerPoint and present the data to leadership
- Cross-functional partner across multiple groups for major initiatives with a focus especially on Marketing
- Coordinate event planning for tradeshows, activations and collector meet-ups
- Manage vendor relationships which includes facilitating statement of work with Legal and creating purchase orders for payments
- Research and track competitor and industry trends to drive future focus areas for the business and maintain a market leader position
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of proven experience with an e-commerce luxury or fashion-oriented company.
- Merchandising or Startup experience valued
- Strong prioritization abilities with proven follow-through
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, ownership mentality to drive performance against agreed critical metrics
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Ability to lead groups of individuals optimally and mange cross-functional coordination
- Experience influencing & negotiating with external partners
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Can communicate effectively in large or small group settings
- Passion for Watches or learning about Luxury Watches including experience in the space and/or relationships with key industry players
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here:
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement