Assistant Meat Manager
Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Supervises all activities in the meat department including product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
- Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to both government and corporate ordinances.
- Must maintain records as required. In the role of meat manager, he/she will oversee the Assistant Meat Manager (if applicable), Meat Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the meat department is operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
- Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends terminations.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all meat products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of meat products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Performs weekly self audits of the Meat department.
DTW-04 WS-04 Schedule
Shift start: 9:00 AM Benefits
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
About Restaurant Depot
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.