Assistant Manager Hours: 40 Weekly Ever wondered what it's like behind the bubbles?
Lush North America has been creating fresh and handmade cosmetics for the past 20 years- keeping our customers' bathtubs and showers a little more magical through our retail shops across Canada and the US. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program . We Offer:
- A fun and funky store atmosphere where individualism is encouraged
- A 50% discount off all our products to keep you smelling and feeling fresh
- An unconventional retail structure to support your entrepreneurial spirit
- The opportunity for growth as Lush loves to promote from within
As Assistant Manager, you bring Lush's Leadership Practices into all elements of your business interactions with customers, fellow staff and operations: Be Real, Be Curious, Lead Fearlessly, Adapt and Evolve, Grow Talent, and Live with Purpose.
The ASM supports the Shop Manager as needed in all business areas and as delegated by their Market Leader; as second-in-command the ASM will pick up Manager duties as required to support a strong customer experience, staff experience, shop operational excellence, and exceeding sales goals.Responsibilities: Sales & Customer Experience:
- Customer Service: collaborate with your team on plans to exceed daily sales goals and ensure a unique and inclusive customer experience that makes every visitor feel welcome, meets their needs and makes their day.
- Building the Brand: educate our customers and staff on our brand values, and articulate our position on Fighting Animal Testing, Freshest Cosmetics, Ethical Buying, 100% Vegetarian, Handmade, and Naked Packaging in the shop and through community engagement and other traffic-driving initiatives.
- Product Passion: increase the depth of your product knowledge through constant learning and consistently make informed and product recommendations for every need
- Driving Sales: demonstrate strong business acumen and understanding of your metrics, budgets and reports and how to impact them through behaviors on the floor to deliver profitable results.
- Lead Fearlessly: Be present to support your team on the sales floor, answer questions, remove obstacles, problem solve, and motivate them to meet their sales goals
- Grow Talent: by owning your own development, assessing your performance, seeking feedback and resources and opportunities to improve and elevate your skills, knowledge and abilities; and supporting the growth of your team through coaching and leading by example.
- Be Real: with your needs and feedback for your team and leaders and adaptable to the needs of the business as required
- Live with Purpose: engage your team at every level of your business to ensure they are inspired, motivated and building strong peer and customer relationships and are connected to the brand values
- Recruitment and Selection: Support the staffing of your shop with top-performing staff by working actively within your markets to network, recruit, hire and succession plan.
- Staff Development: collaborate with your Manager on creating and executing plans that improve staff engagement, retention, performance, and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging practices.
- Policies and Procedures: Support your manager to keep your shop complaint and ensure your staff are practicing company standards for opening and closing, product integrity, respectful workplace, health and safety and daily communication. • Stock and Inventory: Support the training of your inventory team to abide by fresh standards and rotation rules and manage ordering to ensure the right products, in the right amounts are in the store at the right times within your allocated budget.
- Visuals and Merchandising: Identify and support the development of your team to take pride in a clean and beautiful work environment and follow the merchandising and design standards to provide a consistent customer experience and drive sales.
- Scheduling, Time and Attendance: ensure the right number of staff with the right skill levels are scheduled at peak times and that breaks and meals are allocated and recorded appropriately to ensure staff wellbeing and payroll accuracy.
- 1-3 years managing or supervising in a retail environment
- Excellent listeningand communication skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service, supervisory and sales skills
- Knowledge and interest in skincare, natural beauty and ethical business
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the shop including holidays, evenings and weekends
At Lush, we believe when we continue to foster a culture of inclusion and respect within a diverse workforce, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We recruit from a variety of employment agencies, community groups, non-profits, and online social and job sites, and in our business practices, strive to leverage the gift that diversity brings. Lush North America unequivocally supports equal opportunity employment for all applicants regardless of religion, race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, differently abled, adverse mental health, and other characteristics both defined, protected and enforced by the law under federal or provincial/state jurisdiction.
- Experience with consultation-based customer service models
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching and feedback
- Proficient in excel, Microsoft suit, and adaptable to other systems as required
- Basic HR skills in hiring, scheduling, training, and performance management
- Experience in cross cultural collaboration and DEIB or social justice training
- Fluency in Spanish, French or other languages