Stuart Weitzman shoes are designed for high fashion and high function. Known for over 35 years for it's artisanal Spanish craftsmanship and precisely-engineered fit, the luxury footwear brand inspires women around the world to shine with confidence with every step.
Stuart Weitzman is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title: Assistant Manager, North American Retail Primary Purpose:
Supports Store Manager in sales plan achievement through team and individual contribution. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in assistant store management to...
- Achieve store sales plan and KPI goals.
- Improve 4-wall contribution by increasing sales and reducing operating expenses.
- Exhibit the competencies listed below with a focus on Drive for Results, Customer Focus, and Strategic Agility.
- Deliver a bold, energetic, purpose-driven customer experience through their team.
- Develop a clientele strategy in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Stay current with the market competition, fashion trends, and client shopping behaviors.
- Recruits, interviews, on boards and works closely with the Store Manager on strategies to retain top talent.
- Trains and mentors team on how to incorporate trends into the SW's Selling Service.
- Exhibit Managerial Courage regarding performance management and developmental conversations.
- Develop and motivate the team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to meet goals.
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Enforce compliance and adhere to all Stuart Weitzman policies and procedures.
- Work with team to ensure store achieves Store Audit Scores at or above Stuart Weitzman standards.
- Ensure team members are properly executing and maintaining Visual Guidelines at all times.
- Manage evolving daily workload while prioritizing the customer experience.
- Utilizes Company tools to keep self-informed.
- Adheres and support ensuring the team also adheres to all SW retail policies and procedures including Loss Prevention.
- Lead and support the team in absence of a Store Manager.
The accomplished individual must have:
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of POS, Microsoft office, and basic computer skills (including iPads, Internet, Mobile POS).
An outstanding professional will have:
- Ability to execute at a fast pace.
- Ability to maneuver sales floor and stockroom; climbing, bending and kneeling are required.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds and, at times, lift and carry product/cartons up to 50 pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
- Ability to meet SW Scheduling & Availability Expectations, including ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- 1-2 years of leadership experience in a retail environment preferred.
Note: This document serves only as a sample of job duties and responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all performance requirements. Our Competencies for All Employees
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience preferred.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Stuart Weitzman is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Stuart Weitzman at .
Req ID: 101172