Daily Job Duties:
- Assists manager to ensure staffing levels are appropriate to maintain efficiency of office operations.
- Supports staff growth through consistent feedback and training.
- Demonstrates leadership and takes initiative to improve workflows, policies and procedures to increase efficiency and level of service.
- Coordinates facility repairs and support services along with routine cleaning maintenance.
- Manages and resolves staff conflicts diplomatically and professionally.
- Helps manage all medical equipment and supply inventory appropriately.
- Actively participates in the evaluation and improvement of the patient care flow and work efficiency.
- Greets patients and checks them in following established procedures including but not limited to assuring all necessary information is received and entered in patients chart, obtaining patient information, insurance, credit card (new patients).
- Responds to patients questions either in person or over the phone in a courteous and professional manner
- Resolves patient problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgement in resolving issues or refers to management as needed.
- Answers incoming calls and provides information as needed; takes messages, schedule appointments.
- Confirms patient appointments
- Checks patient out, verifying if any appointments need to be made
- Maintains front desk area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Completes all necessary paperwork; maintains files and records
- Review patient charts to ensure they are prepared for the day
- Scan newborn notes prior to initial appointment
- Monitor schedule on daily basis (checking for accuracy of appointments)
- Handles all incoming and outgoing medical record requests in a timely manner
- Performs clerical duties as required including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Applies safety principles as identified by established policy
- Exhibits a high degree of courtesy, tact, and poise when interacting with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals
- Adjusts to fluctuating peaks in patient flow, acuity, and other operational demands while maintaining quality
- Provide support and assist all front office staff members when needed
- Delegates office responsibilities as needed.
- Gets to work on time
- Follows directions
- Effectively interacts with coworkers
- Understands and follows workflows and policy/procedures
- Accepts constructive feedback
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Education and/or Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Prior experience in healthcare
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proficient on insurance (PPO, HMO, CalOptima)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates competence in reacting to and handling emergencies
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline.
- Must be organized, very detail-oriented, and able to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and adhere to established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Strong charting/documentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, problem-resolution, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under stress, with interruptions and deadlines.
- Ability to follow complex instructions.
- Ability to master basic math skills.
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions.
- Bilingual skills a plus
All employees, in performing their respective tasks and duties, are to perform quality work within deadlines, with or without direct supervision; interact professionally with other employees, patients, and vendors; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments; and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Confidentiality Recognizes and secures confidential data, including patient health information per HIPAA; only shares confidential information on a need-to-know basis, pursuant to company policy and applicable law.
Customer Service Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills Focuses on resolving conflict, not blaming; listens to others respectfully and without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and obtains clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Written Communication Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyones efforts to succeed.
Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Technical Skills Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Customer Service Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to patient needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Quality -- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; seeks to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity -- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Attendance/Punctuality -- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability -- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Motivation Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those the employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Coastal Kids may make Reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands-to-finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee occasionally utilizes visual acuity to operate equipment and red. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch, occasionally exposed to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials. May occasionally lift/push/carry items no more than 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job..... click apply for full job details