Location: Bowling Green, KY Category: Staff Posted On: Thu Apr Job Description:
The Graduate School at Western Kentucky University (WKU) is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Graduate Operations. This position reports directly to the Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Education. Specifically, this position helps with admissions as related to the centralized application portal and also assists with post-admission processes for graduate students, manages curricular, and graduate faculty record. The successful candidate will work cooperatively with Graduate School staff and with other offices across WKU.
The following duties and responsibilities are customary for this position. They are not to be construed as all-inclusive, and therefore may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
The Graduate School's Assistant Director of Graduate Operations primary duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee and manage graduate admissions and enrollment management portal, Slate,
- Oversee and manage all graduate student matriculation, credential completion, and records services for graduate students,
- Oversee the thesis, specialist project, and dissertation publication process in collaboration with WKU Libraries,
- Oversee and manage Graduate School's records staff,
- Provide curriculum and policy expertise to the university including the Graduate Council to ensure compliance with accreditation standards (SACSCOC), as well as institutional, commonwealth of Kentucky (CPE), and federal regulations affecting graduate education, and
- Oversee special projects as directed by the Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Education.
Knowledge and Skills Considered Essential for Success
- Ability to perform multiple office tasks concurrently, often in a time-sensitive environment,
- Excellent written and verbal communication,
- Interpersonal communication skills,
- Meticulous attention to detail, and
- Well-versed in modern software and technologies
- Earned Bachelor's Degree,
- Experience with modern technologies related to centralized student application portal/admissions management system,
- Experience with American higher education student information system, and
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or with a team.
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) is committed to a policy and practice of providing equal employment and educational opportunities to all individuals. In accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, no form of discrimination or harassment will be tolerated at WKU on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services (EEO). To request an accommodation, report/express a complaint, or ask questions regarding WKU''s Discrimination and Harassment Policy (.2040), please contact Mr. Joshua Hayes, EEO Director/Title IX Investigator/University ADA Coordinator, via email at or by phone at .
The University is also required to investigate complaints of sex and gender-based harassment, also a form of discrimination, and has designated the Title IX Coordinator as the individual responsible for coordinating the investigation and response to such complaints. The Title IX Coordinator for the University is Ms. Andrea Anderson, who can be contacted via email at or by phone at . Additional information regarding Title IX is accessible via WKU''s website.
Information concerning educational programs offered by WKU are provided at: