- Responsible for ensuring equipment has a continuous flow.
- Use scanners to scan finished production to warehouse. Also scans scrap for area..
- Read work order and follow instructions to ascertain materials or containers.
- Maintain acceptable visual quality level of all parts produced.
- Loads and unloads and moves material within the production floor department.
- Sort, audit, and check parts for grease, damage, missing components, proper tube length, etc.
- Handles the movement of finished production, boxes, bags, and scrap for their assigned area.
- Unjam parts and recycle machines and auto in the safest and most efficient manner possible in an effort to keep reaction time in the green.
- Perform quality checks/audits during a production run through visual inspection and aligned with the quality plan.
- Close, tape, and label boxes of finished product.
- Maintain housekeeping, orderliness, and cleanliness of assigned area.
- Pack product as needed, weigh-count boxed production as needed and check orders.
- Open Container, fill hoppers, bins, feeders, and elevators as necessary.
- Responsible for throwing trash and scraps in proper containers
- Responsible for performing work at above standard rate.
- Must follow all work rules and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/ Previous Experience:
- Basic machine troubleshooting skills/ability to solve mechanical issues
- Willingness to assist other cross-functional groups based on needs
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Min of high school diploma or GED preferred.
- Entry level to experienced
- Frequently required to lift and or move weights up to 26 lbs.
- Use of Personal protective equipment on the production floor (PPE)
Physical requirements include but not limited to sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, stooping, crouching, color determination and grasping.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.